Disgusting Hygiene Question

loner w/a boner

Okay, I've got ADD, too much time on my hands, and a filthy little mind. Here's what I'm curious about. Supposedly tap water is NOT safe to drink--ie pathogens. But, if so, then can it be safe to use the "recto-rinse" to wash our bottoms with? If pathogens can enter the body by drinking water from the tap, can't the same pathogens enter the body through the rectum? I know we have a certain mucous, etc...defensive system in the rectum, but so many STDs are passed through regardless, then why not water-born pathogens? Sad I know, but I've been pondering this one for weeks now.

loner w/a boner said:

.....can't the same pathogens enter the body through the rectum?

They probably can, but unless you're using a different arse-washing method than me, the water doesn't actually go into your rectum. You're only supposed to wash the outside !

Just because Princees Diana went in for the colonic irrigation crap, doesn't mean the rest of us have to pump water up our ringpieces.... :banghead:

Stick to cleaning the rusty bullet hole, and you'll be OK.

:devil::beer::devil:

I think he was talking about washing his arse in the shower..

The body has a natural defense system against these bugs, and from my experience (never been sick once in SEA - touch wood) that must've been enough.

I even use the tap water to brush my teeth in LOS. Talk about burning the candle at both ends...

Thanks to both of you for replying. I was referring to the recto-rinse next to the crapper, not in the shower. After posting, the teeth brushing also ocurred to me. Little tears in the gums for pathogens to enter. Perhaps the contaminants in the water don't include "severe" nasties, but just the kind where it takes large numbers of them to get one sick.

Anyway, thanks for the , uh, er, "up-front" answers.

Later :up:

No problem - the question wasn't as daft as you might think.

Using tap water for teeth brushing is a good example of the sort of thing that we "don't think about", when we probably should. :doah:

I would say that food and drink hygiene, or lack of it, accounts for a really high percentage of the health problems around here. (Of a non-sexual nature...)

Thinking about these things goes a long way to preventing them from happening.

:beer:

On my first trip, I was really carefull and didn't even brush my teeth with tap water. I saw lots of bgs doing it though, so I decided to try it. So far, after two more trips of doing it, no problems. If it doesn't get you sick that way, I doubt washing your butt with it would.

Archived