tv&models at soi cowboy last night?

chilli13

strolling leisurely into soi23 around 8:30 last night I was met with a major truckload of parading of model/actresses all milling into that new service apt. at the corner suk23?

WFT???

well for a minute I though it was all the gogo girls being expelled by police raid or something, but after a few seconds I realised gogo girls don't really look like THAT hot!!!

parked along the soi was many tv vans & at the end of cowboy was a huge screen just being taken down...

asking around I never managed to find out exactly what was going on so tell me boys what kind of show did I just miss?

anybody got any numbers from the skimpy dressed chicks or joined their afterpary at the apt.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were shooting movie scenes. Hugh Grant was there, doing a scene of walking down Soi Cowboy. The crews had gone through and dressed up the whole street. As you noted there were lots of models dressed up as bar girls- to the great amusement of the real bar girls watching... (I heard lots of snide comments) No real sanuker would believe that those girls worked in bars- their noses were stuck way too high. Working title of the film was "On the Edge", but it might not be called that when it eventually hits the streets.

Hugh Grant was there, doing a scene of walking down Soi Cowboy. The crews had gone through and dressed up the whole street. As you noted there were lots of models dressed up as bar girls- to the great amusement of the real bar girls watching... (I heard lots of snide comments) No real sanuker would believe that those girls worked in bars- their noses were stuck way too high. Working title of the film was "On the Edge",
Hugh Grant cavorting with beautiful Thai BGs in a major Hollywood production? :: Perhaps TAT will increase tourism by 20% in year 2004 after all ;)

Gadfly1 said:

Hugh Grant was there, doing a scene of walking down Soi Cowboy. The crews had gone through and dressed up the whole street. As you noted there were lots of models dressed up as bar girls- to the great amusement of the real bar girls watching... (I heard lots of snide comments) No real sanuker would believe that those girls worked in bars- their noses were stuck way too high. Working title of the film was "On the Edge",
Hugh Grant cavorting with beautiful Thai BGs in a major Hollywood production? :: Perhaps TAT will increase tourism by 20% in year 2004 after all ;)

As far as I remember Hugh Grant once showed deep :hubba: interest in a hollywood prostitute. Maybe he visited some upscale bars after the afterwork party for some "private" research on the BG-scene in BKK. ::

Finally a movie that won't use the standard cliche Patpong background! Thiis movie might elevate the status of SC !

Nice to also see Hollywood promote Thai culture! I wonder why they bother to go through the time and expense of shooting the red light districts for a 1 minute scene when they could easily recreate the background on a studio lot? Does it really add to the integrity of the movie or is the director looking for an excuse to add a cheap sex vacation as a legitimate busines expense?

A question comes to mind. Why would't the director have used real BGs rather than models pesonating BGs?

The BGs as extras could have used the money and would have given it more of a genuine backdrop.

I guess hollywood chose beauty and controlled image rather the real thing. I know hollywood only on occasion will use real people to add to the film but most of the time they like to manipulate the product to exactly what it wants even using fakes to play characters to give a "hollywood" stamp on the film.

Do they really believe immitations are better or that immitations just can do a better job/image of what the director's message is trying to get across? It is quite surreal or paradoxical (not sure what word i am searching for) if you think about it. That immitations are better than the real thing when promoting or communiucating a concept or idea to its audience........

Cardinalblue

Archived