Most difficult meal to down

I was in a restaurant at the mall bangkrabee with some Thai's. Earlier on the same level I noticed the restroom had a visible roach problem and mused it was good I didn't see the kitchens of these restaurants. When our food arrived, it became apparent the plastic tissue dispenser on the table housed a roach colony as they instantly poured out of it once the plates were set on the table, hiding under the plates and waiting for spillage over the sides to chow down on. After verifying the adjacent table was experiencing the same thing, I imagined every table there had the same issue. No one seemed to notice so I just played along. Definitely the most difficult meal to stomach of my life so far. I can't believe people put up with that and restaurants in this modern city are allowed that kind of leeway. My gawd. :dunno:

Hi

I can tell you this is not allowed to get to this stage in Sydney Restaurants.

Health inspectors arrive (unannounced) and go over the whole place...kitchen/store/toilets.

Also have to show a certificate from a pest firm...every 6 months.

Any breach and given some time to fix the problem ..if not they close you down .

In your case i would have asked my guests/friends to leave :dunno:

I can't abide cockroaches. Filthy creatures. Get everywhere. China has some of the biggest roaches I've ever come across. Left a glass of whiskey out next to my bed in what I thought was quite a clean, reasonable hotel one time. Next morning there was a 3 inch roach drowned in it. Didn't stay there long.

Was in a little caff in Vigan, PI, a couple of weeks ago and had just ordered a drink. Was about to order some food but decided to take a leak first. The comfort room was down by the kitchen. Popped in. Dark. Couldn't see a thing. Eventually after floundering around a bit so that at least I'd be pointing in the right direction a 20watt bulb lit up. The sink was full of roaches. The wall above the western style sit down lavatory was alive and several lurked by the light switch. I decided against eating in.

Ad Makers in one of my choice after work spots- good atmosphere, music, and decent Thai food. However a friend of mine was eating there about 6-months ago and ordered a coke. He drained approx a third the coke before he noticed that mixed in among the crushed ice was a very large drowned cockroach. Course what did the waitress do when she was alerted to the problem? She took the glass away and brought him another coke! (where's the vomit emoticon?) ::

Archived