bangkok post article re 10pm closing

keith doug

According to todays Bangkok Post (tuesday) it would seem the PM.. Is pushing ahead for a change to closing time and awaits a report..

one imagine if this happens..IT WOULD BE THE END of night life..Infact the end of the tourist.

Mass unemployment and the end of gogo bars..

I think this has to be taken seriously..as nothing surprises me now..Tourists are well down this christmas time and it would finnish it off for good.

also the effect would be even more mass of people along the sois.. BUT AFTER 10PM .. AGHHHH ::

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes this could be a major PIA, but the end of night life is a major overreaction. For instance, how could it possibly be the end of the gogo bars if patpong is excluded? Also for reference, I've noticed just about nil effects from the smoking ban put into effect about a year ago. Many laws in Thailand tend to be for face only. It might end up primarily being just another revenue source for police to turn a blind eye to.

Tourists are tourists they all help with the ecomony they all pay airport tax and sleep in hotels.up here in chiangmai I have seen numbers down on both type of tourists and think this move will send out very negative message to all types of tourists.

Archived