bangkok post article re 10pm closing

keith doug

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there would be some people who would lose there jobs or a least see there income be reduce.Have you not thought of all the other people who would be effected thourgh this silly backward move.If we are all at home by say 11.00p.m there will be no need for taxis tuk tuks waiter/waitress.I am sure if you think a little harder you will know what I am getting at.Think about all the other things to do that are not connected directly to sex tourism but still come under the umbrella of entertainment venues. :banghead:

If you read the last couple of sentences of my last statement.If you think a little harder beyond the ones that come to mind immedetily i.e tuk tuk and taxi drivers.However this task went over your head.

george,

participating in the nanplaza board might make people think all is circling around partying and relatet matters. I am sure the vast majority of all travellers have about no idea what this all means , they spend their holidays at the beach or in the woods and that is it. From what I have learned over 2 years on the baord makes me believe the real spenders are elsewhere anyway; as the long forgotten Akarr once said : there are no millionaires in pattaya, most of the hardcore sex tourists are cheap charlies. so the impact on the sex industry might be disastrous, on tourism in general close to zero. I say tourism revenues ,lifestyle in some Isaan villages might change though. Mummy no fridge.

Just one example out of a thousand others : the famous lodge Nana-Hotel costs about 1000 / night according to several previous threads which is about 20 Euros and thus far far less than what the hotel room in a package tour to the beach costs. The SARS and terrorism inpact has been a giantic one in comparison and did not make the kingdom collapse, so what would an early closure do ?

What about the Thai nightlife by the way, does anybody believe they go home at 10:00 and sleep ?

Etcetera , merry Christmas . 10:00 PM closure won't work anyway.

BuBi

Bill I also dont belive that sex tourism leaving Thailand would mess up the ecomony I just basicly saying only closing is not only going to affect them but all tourists.Maybe I am different but on holiday nearly anywhere or with anyone I am not thinking about ending the evening at 10.00p.m.Can you name anywhere else in the world where nightlife ends at 10.00p.m

Archived