LeoTex what is your flight status?

Hey LeoTex, you were supposed to depart for LOS today. What is the airline telling you about flight delays in the US? Are you still planning to go? Hope you can make it after all the anticipation! Hang in there.

I was also supposed to leave today. As I understand it, some flights are operating. As of now, all foreign flagged carriers are banned from entering the USA until further notice. Some airports were shutdown again, after reports and in fact altercations between suspected terrorists. I doubt this is over, and disruptions and delays will become normal I fear. As of now, the official word is " flights operating and airports operating on a case to case basis.

vtombrown,

I did not notice this thread, I just posted to the "meetings" section. I revised my reservation to leave Friday AM. Northwest Air called me and said, most likely I would not make it to BKK. I called back and got new reservations to leave Tuesday the 18th. If all goes well I should arrive in Bkk Wednesday night at 23:50 PM, and stay till Sunday the 30th.

I'm hanging in there, and doing all I can to get to the LOS.

LeoTex

It sounds like your employer or customers will work with you to slide your vacation window. (I hope these delays aren't coming at the expense of days in LOS!) Good luck and Bon Voyage.

elfman36,

You are now only 12 hours behind me, doesn't give me much of a chance to be to far ahead. I only hope the 12 hours will make me the more experienced one when you arrive. Just call me for any advice, I'm very willing to help my fellow sanuker. I hope that (sanuker) is a word.

vtombrown,

Thanks for the encouragement. My fellow workers have been very accommadating and flexable to help me make these last minute changes. The airlines also have been great under the presure they are under at this time. I have a advance ticket without options to change. Northwest has let me change both my going and return trip more than a few times.

I have only lost 3 days in the LOS. This isn't even a sacrifice, compared to what others have lost in this country the last few days.

LeoTex

Archived