Common interests essential to success or not?

MaiLuk

ML,

Different couples come together, then stay together or separate, for different reasons. It might be for things they share in common, it might be for 'love', it might be for something else - whatever their individual needs in a relationship might be.

The success of the relationship depends on how well the two partners fulfill each other's needs on an on-going basis. This takes committment, whatever the needs of the particular couple might be.

Regards, JEff

MaiLuk said:

Another poster in this forum said: "the most important thing in a marriage is not having things in common, or deep love for each or anything like that, but the commitment to make it work and to stick by your partner, no matter what."

The general wisdom i have always heard is that if the partners don't share common interests, they will grow apart.

So for thai/farang couples is this true or not ? If you don't have common interests or deep love, then what is the purpose of the commitment?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<LOL, I could introduce you to my sister! She's hiking in Peru as we speak and one of her favourite groups is R.E.M. ::>>

A match made in heaven then ;)--or Machu Pichu!! (I met a few Dutch lasses on my travels and had my fantasys :hubba:)

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end its about control - POWER - or just convenience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry for you!

Best regards

________

Why are you sorry for him???

It is certainly possible that a man who controls his woman will have a long (and "successful") relationship. The lady may even prefer it that way.

OTOH, a man who fails to control his woman may end up feeling like a fool and have a short relationship :o

This control thing gets a bad rap, its not so bad in all cases depending on the participants. But if the lady controls the man, that is not good. :(:grinyes:

Archived