A bargirl's standing in the village

MaiLuk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore me

----------------

Not a fat chance! :D

there are all kind of indices that establish the status of a country. some, Thailand fares badly, some better. Definitely in the top of 3rd world economies, 100 times better than Cambodia or Burma, but under Malaysia.

As for Bgs, your points are good about consumerism, just thought they do not cover the total reality.

Studies have established that poverty is not exclusively what makes people leave for the city in Thailand. there is definitely great hope in being able to catch up with the Jones and partake of the goodies on offer in dept stores and else, but this is often met with disappointment, and you and i agree that many girls do not see beyond the end of each day.

Certainly i think that what makes a big difference is finding a steady farang BF who takes generously care of his TG, therefore her family.

>Let's say a bargirl returns home for a period of two weeks. She gives the appropriate amount of money to the temple. She pays the appropriate respect to her parents. She throws the expected party for her friends and relatives. She doesn't get drunk, she doesn't smoke, she doesn't gamble. She doesn't skite around and sleep with the horny young lads of the village. She doesn't boast or act superior because she has 'prospered' in the big city. She basically behaves in a pleasant and dignified manner in her own village. She would surely be regarded more highly than one who returns and commits all the above 'sins'.

I am witnessing that situation with some modifications. She is "very" pregnant and it's known that we've been together almost 3 years. Pictures of her in her Uni uniform are hanging off the walls.

On the porch she just decorated xmas tree and there are probably 50 kids around screaming and having fun. They have never seen xmas tree before.

Neighbours are ok, they all came to say hello. There was no party for the village but will be a "matine" for kids on NYE. Few close friends would come in for drinks after that.

However, I was asked to bring the car closer to the light because somebody may scratch her, intentionally.

Hi

I was involved with an MP GF for two years.

When we went to her village..no one knew what she was doing....""tell everyone she works in a restaurant in BKK"" i was told by the family.

She drank along with all the others and enjoyed our time together with family and many friends.

But nobody knows what she really does for a job!

Only a few very very close family members .

"However, I was asked to bring the car closer to the light because somebody may scratch her, intentionally."

There is often envy around towards people who have managed to get more wealthy in a short time in poor villages.

Its a bit off the subject in this thread, but I see the same in my fiancees village in Vietnam. In that case, there is no past link to the "trade". Its just jealousy at seeing someone better off.

Maybe thats the case in for some people in poor villages in Thailand also, and not so much that they look down on BG's/ex BG's.

Which is sad. And a source of anger for a lot of Thais is this perception of Thailand being the "whorehouse" of Asia. It affects many Thai women abroad, and at home. Many Thai women don't even like being seen talking or walking with a farang man, even their own farang husband, because of this. They are subjected to ridicule and harrassment by the some of the more uncouth Thai men sitting around at the taxi stands and motocyke stands and construction sites. '

This is not only in countries known for sex trade. I think you will find it everywhere in poor countries. A local girl with a foreigner is often looked upon as a prostitute or gold digger, or both. Thats the view both from foreigners and locals. And even more so if it is an age difference involved.

So I don't think it would improve if Thailand loses the image of being the "whorehouse" of Asia. The only way to get rid of it is by Thailand getting more wealthy.

Cheers!

Hi Cent,

Which is sad. And a source of anger for a lot of Thais is this perception of Thailand being the "whorehouse" of Asia. It affects many Thai women abroad, and at home. Many Thai women don't even like being seen talking or walking with a farang man, even their own farang husband, because of this. They are subjected to ridicule and harrassment by the some of the more uncouth Thai men sitting around at the taxi stands and motocyke stands and construction sites

I would like to comment on this too.

I recall an episode in Udon some years back, I was walking on the pavement with thai wife and kid.

A samlor driver sitting with his mates yelled at us asking if we wanted a samlor.

We declined and subsequently he yelled: How do you do anyway when you "Aow Gan" (have sex).

(I am rather tall 190 cm and my wife 152 cm.) And that was probably the reason of his "funny" remark.

There is no way in Hell he would have said that to a thai couple. He would have had his teeth kicked in.

My wife yelled back at him: "I shall tell you that when you tell me how you do your dog"! Never heard her use language like that before, but she was extremely offended by his outrageous remark as was I.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Not much to offer here, accept I remember an interview of a b/g by a NGO. NGO asked what the people back in her village thought of her being a BKK hooker. B/G said, "They cannot say anything now because now I have money".

That always stuck with me, for some reason. There is a lot to read in that simple answer.

HT

[color:"red"] So I don't think it would improve if Thailand loses the image of being the "whorehouse" of Asia. [/color]

I beg to differ CBK. :hug: If there is no stigma as a "whorehouse" then there will be NO such word for ones to think about or relate the Thai women to. Columbia, for example is a poor country and has prostitutes but ones think of Columbia as "drug" not prostitutes.

Thai women, especially ones with foreigners, why are we thought to be prostitutes? IMO, becuase of the stigma of Thailand to be perceived as "semen recepticles".

Prostitution will never be eradicated, but I sure would like to see Thailand be less famous for sex. :(

Jasmine :D

Archived