Sinsot Issue Resolved

HSTEACH

I started a thread several months ago about the difficulities I was having with my GF's mom about the amount of sinsot mom wanted for the marriage of her daughter.

Those issues have been resolved. There was NO wedding in the village, there was NO sinsot paid. We went to the Ampur in Bangkok and simply registered the marriage. Period!

My GF, now wife said, "My mom thinks all farang are rich." "She does not understand this is not true." "She lets ladies in the village tell her she needs to get big sinsot." "My mom will not ruin my life." "I am happy now and I am going to America." "If when I get the visa to go to America, if my mom wants wedding in village with sinsot you offer, OK." "If she not want that, OK too." 'Maybe she understand later I am happy now. I will have a good life now with someone I love." 'She will not take that away from me."

Damn, I didn't think the old girl had the balls to stand up to her mother like that. Good girl!!

Now it's time to proceed with the immigration issues. File for a spousal visa, I-130, when I get home, and with the first notice of action from the I-130, file the petition for the K-3, which should get her to the states sometime this summer.

To all that responded to the earlier thread... thanks! It was greatly appreciated.

HSTEACH

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived