Moved to Thailand in November AND..things aregood!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here it goes again....

I haven't been keeping up with this group, been far too busy.

As P123 said, I am back home now after 5 month stint in LOS.

My father has become ill and it was the right thing to do to come home. So with a few tears and a whole bunch of parties, I made my long journey home.

AS for the trip........well...........AWESOME. Best thing I have ever done. I would have to say it has opened me up to a whole new world. I definetly like the international traveller or possibly expat lifestyle and will focus on doing it again...SOON. I also feel a sense of accomplishment as I feel I could have stayed as planned for my two year stint if it wasn't for the family problems. There's something about flying to a new country you know little about and knowing no one and successfully setting up shop. It's not easy...but I managed.

One key I think was the job I had, which I think I was somewhat lucky to find. I think working there you probably get to know a whole new side of Thailand. I beleive as someone said, plans fly out the window in Thailand, but if you are patient and smart about things, you never know what may land on your lap.

I think Thailand changed me in many ways, and all for the better. I seem to be much more patient nowadays and have a hard time complaining about having luxery items as I understand now that we in the USA live in luxury everyday.

As for my future plans, I intend on working through the summer and saving enough money to try this again. I may possibly go to China as I hear computer techs are in need there. But I haven't gotten that far in the plan and I think I may not be able to pass up Thailand when things come down to it. There is also much I didn't do because I thought I would be staying longer and would have more time.

I will write more later, I also promised p123 a report on Pattaya.

And no, I didn't drink all the wine. Out of four bottles I only drank two. I travelled half way accrss the world with these things, and travelled back with them...stupid huh. Just coudn;t find the right time or place. Although I did find out that Thai gals can drink a bottle of whisky no problem, but give them a couple of glasses of wine....and they are done for.

Archived