Moved to Thailand in November AND..things aregood!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I share the view that it is better to learn to read Thai from the outset. But transliteration can help at the very beginning. Another problem though is that many Thai people cannot spell and therefore a a normal Thai dictionary sometimes isn't much use.

I have bought a little dictionary which I have found to be of great help on many occasions it is called 'Basic Thai Conversation Dictionary. On the one hand it is a short Eng - Thai dictionary but the Thai -Eng part is set out in transliterated form so you can look up the word as it sounds and then confirm with your Thai friend as it also gives the proper Thai spelling. As I said I have found it to be very useful at times. I believe Becker has produced a similar

dictionary

j

mnvinaz said:

Man, can these people cook. There's some damn good German grub here also.

Ok that's it. This is ending up to be one of the best adventures I have ever had.

Where are you getting your German grub from?

Got myself some veal bratwurst the other day and rye bread.

Hot damn! That shit was fine.

Where are you getting your German grub from?

I was talking about Chang Mai having the good German food. I haven't run into any in Bangkok, but I'm sure there here.

In Chang Mai I ate at two different German places. One was a soi right off the middle of the street the night Market is on. There are about three German restuarants on that soi. Sorry I don't know the name. The other was on Mon Muang between the Sax bar and Jhonny's place. I ate there a few times. Everything I had was great.

Also to let you all know, on Ekkamai right across from Soi 23 there is a Greek restuarant that is FANTASTIC. It's pricey but the food is trully authentic. On Fridays they let you throw plates around for 40 baht a plate.

• 4 months later...

Mnvinaz had to go home a while ago, for private reasons. I do not think he is even lurking on the board these days. He hopes to pick up on his "offshore" experiment when possible.

His report about his few months experience would be definitely welcome. having met him 3 times there, well 1 time in BKk and I had the pleasure to welcome him in my LOS hometown 2 times (Pattaya ::, he loved it :up:) , he did very well in the big Mango for a total newbie.

Archived