Next trip, Chiang Mai . . . what hotel did . . .

unit731

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Will non guest friendly hotels assume she's a prostitute..."

It works the other way; guest friendly establishment, specializing in the 'hot sheet' trade, will assume prostitute, non-friendly, which is what you want to distance yourself, will assume girlfriend/wife.

Rusty, I stayed in the Landmark and also the J W Marriott with my GTG in October, we registered together and there was no problem at all from reception staff or security, though we did find a bar girl asleep in a chair outside the lifts on the 14th floor of the Landmark one night!!!

• 3 months later...

Anyone ever stay at the MONTRI Hotel in Chiang Mai?

I was sitting on stool at bar at Golden Beer Bar at Nana when couple of guys from Austalia said they always stay at the Montri. I have no idea what their budget was. Good, bad, indifferent?

Stayed at the Montri just before Sokran in 2003. Definitely guest friendly and the room was all right. Picked it because I took my Harley up via train from BKK and they had secure parking. Was in the neighborhood of 750 THB per night not including breakfast. Is right across from the Tapae Gate. Last time I was in CM there appeared to be construction going on but that may have been just in the lobby area. URL http://www.hotelthailand.com/chiangmai/montri/index.html

Also stayed at the Top North Guest House which has a pool, guest friendly, and included breakfast. URL

http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/chiang_mai_hotel/top_north_guesthouse/top_north_guesthouse.html

But the best and nicest of all the economy hotels was The Tapae Place Hotel for 600 THB which included breakfast and was halfway between the Tapae Gate area and the Night Market. Excellent food, guest friendly, really comfortable KING sized beds, good A/C, TV, and friendly helpful staff. E-mail: tapaehotel@hotmail.com

Archived