Etymology of "TIT"

loner w/a boner

Actually, Fiery Jack's a lying bastard. When we were teenagers at school in Stoke, we used to call him "big dickhead" or "knobhead". He used to run around telling underage birds that it was because he had a huge "bell-end", trying to get into their nubile knickers, but they saw through him fast enough and I'm positive he got no takers.

He did a 5 month stretch at borstal for it though, now I come to think about it, so maybe he did strike lucky once or twice.

Smokey

LOL.lwab,

Highly amusing account of your gentle ribbing of your teerak. I got a kick in the bum once from my ex when I questioned the inefficiency of her presudsing all the kitchen items before washing just as they do at the family well in the garden in Issaan, rather than simply dunking them all in hot soapy water.

I first saw TIT used by Trink in his column years ago. Don't know if that was the origin etymologically.

Does this seem like a useless post? Odd thought as there are some good posters offering up a little witt.

Let me do the same. I was traveling from Chalong to Patong with a french maden who was assigned to show me a bit lover end of Phuket. Inusing the TIT thing when I asked about what she ment her reply was to raise her shirt flicking me a look. Nice good, I suggest dinner. We ate in w/o room, was room service. That was another TIT!

Getting back to the original post :), quite often when working in Thailand I was told that something I wanted to do "was not the Thai way".....similar to TIT. Usually, it was something the Thai manager our company had in BKK just didn't want to do...it appeared to be a convienient excuse most of the time!

You may very well be right about Trink inventing TIT, robaus, but it seems to have passed into the Thai vernacular now. I remember about a year ago when my ex (who you know robaus), when finding out that the guys in Pattaya aren't exactly faithful to their beloveds, said, "This...Is...Pattaya" with the words spaced out like that. I thought at the time she had learnt that from a Thai colleague.

"but it seems to have passed into the Thai vernacular now. "

I think the meaning when used by a Thai versus a Farang is quite different. A farang will use it to explain something inexplicable, while a Thai will use it to explain to farang why they are not going to do it the farang way (or not at all).

TH

<A farang will use it to explain something inexplicable, while a Thai will use it to explain to farang why they are not going to do it the farang way.. >

That seems to be my impression too. My TGF said it to me as a gentle reminder that I was in a different culture. "Toto, were' not in Kansas anymore.".

Loner

Archived