where exactly to drop fag ends?

chilli13

> was assaulted by Josh I and LHL

Excuse me??? Assaulted????

I think "disagreed with" would be way more in line.

And even then, without digging up the original point I would beg to state that my position would have been more along the lines of: Its the law, break it at your peril.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They tried planting drugs on me, luckily I worked at a very high profile 'company' at the time and once I dropped that name, I was back in the taxi within seconds

Wow! That's some scary shit. Can you tell the whole story? Somehow, I am always scared of something like this happening to me. I was searched for drugs once at the Ekamai bus station and was scared shitless they would plant some on me. I felt lucky that didn't happen.

Cheers,

soongmak

Yes But the law is very selective in tems of enforcement.

About t wo weeks ago I was coming down the sky-train at Soi 7 and saw a cop with his hand stretched out in front of a Farang in a very agressive and annoying manner Curious I watched for a while and the cop was shaking him down for some Baht... for what or how much I did not know-. Shit TIT I thought and went about my business. 20 minutes later I saw the same fellow sitting in front of of a beer bar in the next block and I stopped to kindly inquire regarding his offense. "Threw my Fag in the gutter and paid 2k" he snorted "but this guy will get his due because I did not get a reciept and my friend who works at the local cop shop is on his way over to sort it out."(Aussie bloke-he was)

I wonder what happened maybe the cop got his wrist slapped but more likely he had to split the 2k with his boss...

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF A THAI PERSON FINED 2K FOR LITTERING/ I DOUBT IT... :onfire: :cussing:

>HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF A THAI PERSON FINED 2K FOR LITTERING/ I DOUBT IT

I do have trouble with this. Its the law. You get caught, you get busted so pay the dues. Simple. Anything else is just whining "Mummy, Its not fair. *He* did it first". As I have said repeatedly, don't break the laws here. If you do (knowingly), be prepared to pay the price. Anything else is just whining.

-j-

This falls under "scam": I've heard of "Good Citizens" fingering farangs who disembark from a buses, yelling loudly that they saw the farang throw their bus ticket onto the ground, then an MIB appears. They must split the fine. If you lost the ticket on the bus or just threw it in the trash can, you're out of luck, I guess.

Yeah, it's a pain in the arse that we farangs get targeted for littering, but as already stated, IT'S THE LAW. We all know why the Thai's don't get fined. The chances of the locals paying 2000B on the spot are a lot lower than the chances of westerners paying on the spot.

If you (and I mean anyone) or I were the Thai cop, relying on "fines" to pay your rent/mortguage/BMW repayments... we'd target the people most likely to cough up (westerners) too.

Not saying it's "right", just the way it is.

Guest lazyphil

I'm sure if a Thai broke the law in England--for example getting caught speeding he/she would pay the same fine as an English born person. It seems unfair to me and I dont think its whining. Its basic justice and fairness which the Thais if they want to be taken seriously in the wider world need to wake up too. (like not let cops kill suspected drug dealers at will with impunity)

Hi KS,

But as farangs, I really think that we actually get away with more that the Thais do, mainly because the police do not want to deal with us LOL!"

No argument from me on that one. Best thing to do is only speak English

Or even better your native tongue. Boy, do I love to see the look on their face when I address them in danish.

Engliid?, sollyyy, no speak! ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived