where exactly to drop fag ends?

chilli13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the law, break it at your peril.

--------------------------------

No contest about this. The arbitrariness of it makes that one might not want to take a chance all the same. You were stern but courteous, I reckon. I frankly think it was more about how things were written by me that the crux of the subject.

We can get away from trouble sometimes, but it has to be appreciated as the result comes (no fines, no trouble-sigh!) after the fact, rather than assuming before hand all will be cool or that "there's a way out".

Never bribed anyone in power in thailand, but when driving up country, it seems that losing instantly all the thai one knows ;), does wonders.

Two police men tried this littering trick with me on sukhumvit street. I began to laugh and told them that I don't smoke. They let me go without fine.

Once in Chiang Mai a BG and I lost our way on a motorbike and landed in the local market (driving forbidden). I don't know what the BG told the police when we were stopped, but we didn't have to pay a fine. (And I would have paid a fine, because we had clearly made a mistake).

Maybe I was only lucky, but I just wanted to tell you that there are some fair and nice police men, too.

Best regards

Well that was untill today when BKK's finest saw me drop the fag in the drain & told me I should have dropped it in the green bins & there's a B2k fine otherwise. Being up in saphan quay I felt pretty safe from such 'scams', but did not see any other solution than to pay up unless I wanted to waste some time at the station

Anyways lowballing with B100 or even B500 did not seem to work, but hey he already offered his best B1000 first time discount & a receipt so there it was!

Be warned

------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI Ib,Yes been there mate.I wrote a similar post back in april but as I had a connection I got the fine down to 200bht.This happened outside the exchange place just around the corner from the gas station at the end of Soi 4.

When exchanging money here for some reason its always long winded so I always have a smoke(unlike the one outside NEP but their always running out of cash) and since aprils events on at least 4 occaasions I've spied the cunts reflection in the exchange booths window waiting to pounce.Watch this cunt as he appears from nowhere.

lazyphil said:

I'm sure if a Thai broke the law in England--for example getting caught speeding he/she would pay the same fine as an English born person...

Yeah, but he'd also be odds on for being racially taunted and getting his head kicked in by the fuzz if no one else was in the vicinity of the crime scene. :(

And perhaps have his restaurant torched later that night? :o

jack :help:

Archived