Waking up in Patpong..

the_numbers

Here I stand after years deciding to plug Patpong.. ::

How did this happen? NEP is the answer - not Cowboy.

Hey - I got a bit sour after hitting Rainbow I & II a few times and getting ridiculous prices, attitude, and girls who said I 'like Japanese' like a broken fucking record.

2K short-time and shit attitude to boot. :doah: The precious plaza seems to be taking a u-turn directly headed for shit quite a few nights a week at least in that corner..

Tightened up my gut and headed to the Pong Thursday :applause:

King's Bars were lively, Safari good, and Panther had a few nice looking ladies doing the 'uninspired shimmy' in white boots.

The nice part... eye contact, fun managers, but I just hate the atmosphere and the market..

Yet, I ended up buying a pair of jeans, and stumbling out of King's Castle II - the butcher's bill: a few 90Baht Heineken - 500Baht Barfine. No argument for 1,000B s/t from a gorgeous girl. 400B at the Patpong Guest House - Circular Bed... mirrors, big screen TV that plays only static.. :beer:

heaven?

She stayed for 3 hours and all banging noises were never someone knocking on the door telling us to hustle, zip-up, and make our way out.. :hubba:

I'm not sold on the pong, but if I'm not at Cowboy its starting to seem an appealing alternative to NEP. :drunk:

and to all those who pay 2K for one shag upstairs at Nana :censored:

cheers,

the_numbers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say that I am a big fan of Patpong and I rate it is my favourite area of all the farang bar scenes.

I would say however that your companion who readily accepted 1k short time is in the minority down there. Most girls ask for a lot more than that.

But then again I am old and ugly and you could be a good looking young guy so you hold all the cards :p

I agree with you 100% though, Patpong has had a lot of undeserved bad press and if you know the right places that you enjoy you can have great fun.

Cheers

farangman

I've had some "off nights" at NEP but NEVER at the Pong. Normally there's plenty of nice (and friendly) girls and comparatively far fewer punters. Just wish they had more GoGos there that are "punter friendly" (and Katouey free).

One funny thing about my trips to Patpong, due to always staying by Cowboy or NEP its a bit of a Taxi drive to comeback with one or more ladies. On nearly every drive back the girl(s) end up talking non-stop with the Taxi driver and my limited Thai allows me to only pick up a few words here and there. I always wonder what they are talking about - good incentive for me to take another Thai language course I guess.

Couple nights ago I picked up a Camelot stunner and we ended up sitting and then getting out of 3 taxis in a row that we flagged down but each didn't want to use the meter! - my girl was INSISTENT on finding one that used the meter and the last one we flagged down was the ticket.

What I love about Patpong is the sheer variety - hostess bars, gogo bars, normal bars, restaurants, blow job bars, show bars, beer bars, karaoke bars, thai bars, massage parlours, pool rooms, short time hotels etc etc etc

Yes the night market can be a pain in the arse at times, but to be honest it's not that bad at its worst.

Drinks are cheaper, bar fines are cheaper, girls are friendlier once you get to know them, bar owners are a good laugh.

One thing that may make my experiences different to some other people, is that as the area is in general a tourist area with the night market and thus an ever changing population, when the girls, bar owners etc see you, you tend to get preferential treatment because your a known face. Of course it doesn't happen in every bar, but this may cloud my judgement of the place.

Camelot has some great girls - a previous Nanapong Dance Contest winner is now working in there :-)

Cheers

farangman

Been to a couple Nanapong Dance Contests but missed the ones recently so don't know if my girl was the winner but saw several girls who looked like winners to me there!

Also noticed some girls working in Patpong Gogos that I'm pretty certain I had seen at either Cowboy or NEP before.

Not sure if I'm just imaging it but it seems as far as the beer bars go that the Patpong Beer bars generally seem to have far younger and prettier girls working there than at beer bars at other areas. Many of the girls at BG7 might be their mothers for example... ::

>> What I love about Patpong is the sheer variety - hostess bars, gogo bars, normal bars, restaurants, blow job bars, show bars, beer bars, karaoke bars, thai bars, massage parlours, pool rooms, short time hotels etc etc etc <<

I can only second this! Btw., there is an upstairs bar on PPI, beer THB 50 before 22:30, naked girls, shows, a few stunners as well, bar fine THB 500, ST THB 1000 and nice diddling opportunities.

The only problems are the many LP-type tourists and couples that seem like to enter particularly the upstairs bars (imo, much more a problem in PPI than PPII). Spotted a few of them now in SC too.

* Patpong has had a lot of undeserved bad press *

IMO patpong got the press it deserved, a visit to PP almost always resulted in a scam / rip off, most of the upstairs bars were little more than clip joints, and prices were 30% higher than other venues. It would appear things have changed in recent times, probably due to lack of customers, and I look forward to trying it again next trip. I hope greed doesn't drive NP down the same road.

Archived