Waking up in Patpong..

the_numbers

I agree that the tourists can be a turnoff. I feel a little awkward and self conscious being watched by midwestern couples. But they aren't the ones who really bother me. I'm far more offended by feminist types who go into the bars to observe what - judging from their expressions - they consider to be crimes against women or decency, and to shake their heads and scowl.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! I see these once in a while and what I always do is deliberately cup the breast of the girl(s) I'm sitting with and smile right into the eyes of the feminazi! It seems to infuriate them and one of these times one of them might get so mad she'll whip out a piece and shoot me or something :-)

I've overheard on several occasions tourists say the same thing after a glimpse of a gogo in patpong: all 15 year olds on the stage surrounded by pedophiles. It was also funny to overhear a befuddled guy talking about going into one of the bathrooms and not knowing what to make of the massage guy inside. Have to admit that one does take some time to understand.

Bar girls and taxi drivers in Bangkok usually talk about which village they come from in Issan and how long they have been in the Big Mango. It was the same 35 years ago as it is today.

I usually visit Patpong when I am up for a day or two in Bangers. There is a little French restaurant in Patpong 2 to which I have been very partial for a good many years.

Old Hippie said:

I am still uncomfortable around the toilet massage man...

I too am still not quite comfortable with them either. They are also in other places besides LOS:

While on a business trip I decided to drive up to Reno for a weekend never having been there before. Didn't do too well Gambling (really don't like gambling much anyway) and decided to visit a "Gentleman's Club" - was VERY fancy, they had great food and beautiful (young) falang girls dancing topless and making the rounds in evening gowns. At the bar I sat next to a famous lawyer who I've often seen on TV (in fact, he looked like an Old Hippie as it happens). Anyway I hit the head after a few (very pricey) beers and there was a Black guy in a Tux that was the bathroom attendent and he was ALWAYS smiling and seemed to be the happiest man I'd ever seen. Well, when it came time to exit and leave a tip I'd seen why - he had a HUGE wicker basket that held all his tip money, it was FILLED with $20's,$10's,$5's, and scattered $1 dollar bills, and this was still very early in the evening. I commented to him that I he seemed to have a pretty good job and he laughed saying "you don't know the HALF of it" and continued laughing as I left the Men's room...

Oldtimer said:

Bar girls and taxi drivers in Bangkok usually talk about which village they come from in Issan and how long they have been in the Big Mango. It was the same 35 years ago as it is today.

35 years ago! You must have many sories to tell of LOS.

Butterflying as normal this trip, I have met some girls from different areas (SC, Patpong) that as it turns out are from the same village. While tempted to mention "I met so-and-so" from your village too, I never do not knowing how small these villages might be (could be I've slept with her best friend!).

But my experiences in Patpong in the Fall were terrible. I went there for old-times sake for the first time in a decade. It's easy to get to from Sukhimvit on the skytrain.

In every bar I went into the ladydrink pressure was unbearable. While walking through the stalls, every 5 steps, someone was grabbing my arm and trying to sell me something. On the first trip to Patpong, I barfined a cute girl (in retrospect, I think she may have been a Katoey). We agreed on everything in the bar (LT for which I would have paid her well), and the second we walked out of her bar she tried to drag me into a S/T hotel, and started negotiations about the price. 5 seconds later I just walked away from her, got back on the skytrain and was back on Sukhimvit.

I talked to a few other guys and decided to give Patpong another try several days later. I found one girl I liked who was absolutely stunning but L/T was out of the question according the mamasan and she would only do S/T for 2000B + S/T hotel. I said no thanks.

I was only there because frankly Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy didn't seem as good as on my previous trips. I tried Pattaya and got tired of it after a couple of days.

I barfined one very attractive girl at Nana who once back in the room demanded 3000B longtime. This was not totally outrageous but since it was almost 2AM and she stated she had to leave at 7AM, I hardly thought this was fair. My counter at 2500 was taken as an insult. She said she was leaving and wanted 500B taxi money, which I refused to give her.

To be fair I had some good experiences as well, but nothing like the bliss I had experienced nightly up until a couple of years ago.

...anyway...I haven't read this board for a few months, but it seems the tone is that things are getting worse everywhere in the LOS for punters like us...next comes the 1AM closing time.

I wish I could say the Philippines were better, but Angeles City has not been overly kind to me either.

I'll be giving Thailand one more chance in about a month. I'm really hoping that something stops the downward slide that is being reported on so frequently here. With the dollar sliding against the Baht, it's not making a lot of sense to make the long trip when the rewards of spending fun times with cute girls are becoming more and meager.

Hopefully things will work out.

Alky. Easy tiger... you should have given her 5 baht and sent her on rot may (non-air con bus) "Oh they aren't running too bad.. deuahn pai gaw dai (walking is ok)." Screw changing the hustle out the door. You just got unlucky.. with your chosen bird :banghead:

No need to burn bridges with Muang Thai - Patpong is all about grabbing, but the key is once your in the pub to grab back... I figure on one squeeze for every vendor who has ever said, "I make special price for you" :D

I would venture that success outside the bar is decided inside the bar. A girl does not try to clean you out once out the door with 3000B l/t demands :cussing: If you can get that curious, vague, "connection" bit before that makes for brilliant times with a cute girl as opposed to taxi demands. :eek: No sex, and no fun.

After my Pong cheers I made Cowboy rounds and had a nice go.. Sunday night at Shark bark Tequila shots 50B :beer: myself seriously impaired and dizzy I had another night that was brilliant with a girl who did not ask "how much" and did not complain a bit with the 1000B that is righteous and true for such liasons. :applause:

Rainbow has the 'moist towel' sawat-dee krup boys, which you have to duck out on in my opinion.

to being a punter in Bangkok before early closings.. :up:

Cheers,

the_numbers

Archived