Temporary Teaching and/or Tutoring Work.

CDN

Check this link: Work Permit Regulations

Not trying to say you can not get permit but it seems unlikely that employer would go through the trouble for such a short period and 30k (pay/allowance) is the current requirement AFAIK (although most teachers make it up with free housing etc you did not indicate they were going to give you anything). I would ask a few questions on the teachers forum to be sure (I know it is hard to get through the noise at times). A number of guys get sucked in by schools who leave them out to dry.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a gadjillion of schools around and when is the last term you heard of a work permit raid?

Ironically enough, I've heard of one or two incidences in offices (non-teaching related businesses), but the only teaching incident I know of was done because of a snitche.

<<burp>>

Thank you all, gentlemen, for your help. There are exceptions for "non-profit" based businesses (like schools).

The rules for foreigners working in Thailand are schizophrenic, to say the least. It's almost as if they LIKE things to be inconvenient and disorganized. ::

CDN

Archived