Temporary Teaching and/or Tutoring Work.

CDN

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am aware that a work permit is required, and I will be travelling with all my relevant documentation (degree, transcripts, letters of reference).

I will visit the school in April; if the school decides they'd like to hire me, and if I decide to work there, then things should go off without a hitch.

Regards,

CDN

lopburi3, why would I be disallowed a work permit based on my potential salary? Nothing in the web-based research I've done has suggested such a thing, so I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know what additional sources I can use to verify your warning.

I wonder: How sure are you? I really do appreciate your counsel, but you've got me a bit worried, now.

CDN

>lopburi3, why would I be disallowed a work permit based on my potential salary?

I remember a thread here that stated new minimal wages for foreigners, grouped by countries of origin. Can't recall exact numbers but it was something like : US, Canada, UK: 60K baht per month....Australia, NZ: 50K per month. The lowest salary was way higher than 15K.

The aim was - to make foreigners expensive and undesirable source of labour and, once they get a job, to get higher tax on their income from the employer.

Don't know how it applies to English teachers but somebody would rememer that.

Archived