A depressing trip - November 2003

What helps for me is acknowledging that some nights are just not *my* nights. The best thing you can do in those circumstances is just cut your losses. Don't go off on a frantic search for that one girl that will make everything all right. Usually this ends in a freakin' nightmare. Better go home alone, go shopping or so the next day, revive yourself with a good massage in the afternoon, treat yourself on an excellent diner and usually next night is a lot better.

I remember going out in BKK after I just broke up with m GF and instead of having a good time, girls came up to me and asked me why I was sad. Talk about spoiling my mood! When you feel bad, a gogo bar can be the loneliest place in the world.

Cheers,

soongmak

P.s.: if you happen to be in bkk when I visit (june 19th to july 10th) I would be more than happy to share a beer or a meal with you. :beer:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clearly most guys are consistently having a real party over there.

Absolute crap! everyone I have ever known in LOS has had dire nights, no one hits the jackpot every night. Take a close look next time you are there, more men are leaving alone than with their 'conquest', this is particulary true in the discos. I suspect the real reason is not a shortage of willing momen, but more to do with the men expecting to have the object of their fantasie throw themselves at them at the first sight of a thousand baht note. On every bad night I have experienced, I have turned down at least 2 attractive girls in the hope of finding that ellusive stunner, and ended up alone, rather than lower my expectations a little. :doah: The best girl I have ever had (not just in LOS) was cute but would not have been my first choice.

For me, sometimes things seem to snowball a bit. I have a bad experience and then the next time I go out I feel somewhat less confident, a bit wary and not as open and friendly as I could be otherwise. This probably makes it more difficult to have a good night.

Fortunately for me, I am now living in Thailand and have been out many times and now see that there are good nights and bad, good ladies and bad and I don't control when I have the good or the bad. So, I now tend to be less affected by bad experiences knowing that I will soon have a good one, often when not expected.

Without the advantage of living here, I could easily see how I could have some bad experiences on a vacation and get down in the dumps just as you did.

So, I encourage you to not get so upset when you have a very bad experience. This will happen. Nothing you can do to prevent it, IMO.

Here is a recent bad experience that you might find interesting. Another member of this board and I went out one night. We met to ladies at a GoGo and barfined them with the expectation that the 4 of us would go to a karaoke. We went to one nearby and obtained a private room. We spent the next 4 hours eating and drinking with the ladies seeming to have a great time singing Thai songs. So, as this part of the evening came to an end, everything seemed to be wonderful. The lady I was paired with and I then took a 5 minute taxi ride to my apartment. So, given we were only 5 minutes from the excellent karaoke experience I thought things were going very well. But we entered my apartment and she immediately said, "how much you pay me". We agreed on a price quickly and with no problem. And I thought I was home free. But, 2 seconds later she said, "you pay me now or I will leave". Given her attitude I figured I would really be in trouble if I paid her. Therefore, I said, "OK, then leave", which she did. So, there I sat, stunned that such a nice night could end so badly.

For me this is simply an example of a bad Thailand experience. They happen. Nothing you can to to avoid it.

Of course, there are occasions when we have great experiences. Otherwise, none of us would be here - living or on vacation.

So, once again I encourage you not to let it bother you so much when you have bad luck and here is a wish that you have a run of good luck and soon put up a post about the great times in Thailand.

thai3 ,

as to your commnt on not going to Pttya as is depressing,

each to his own.

Ever think that maybe it's you. Seems your the depressing sort. Don't discredit other things , places just because you're

a :cussing:

Archived