A depressing trip - November 2003

I understand completely the feeling, having been there myself. I think a large part of the problem is that Bangkok serves to "enhance ones mood" in which ever direction it is. If you feel good, wow! BK can lift you to the stars. *However* if you are feeling low, or "out of sorts" (to use an English phrase), BK can make you feel downright suicidal (no joke!).

This can be even worse, given that you generally have "high expectations" when touching down at BK airport. However, some trips can just be a bummer.

The best advice, given that (from what I read) you have had two successive "bad" trips, is do NOT head back into BK for a while. Do something else, and plan for it. Get away to anotehr place, go on a trek, learn to scuba, do a short course for something. That way even if the nightlife sucks, you can still feel you have achieved something. Have you seen Ankor yet? Worthwhile, even if the nightlife is not up to BK standards

As said, even meeting up with people *can* be a good thing, as funnily enough, despite all the rentable company, BK can be a lonely place.

good luck on your next trip.

-j-

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shucks, guys, I get the impression that you are worried that I was getting suicidal... :: It was really not that bad.

I just wanted to testify that trips to BKK are not always 24/7 fun and debauchery. The sanukers' credo seems to be that anyone can find in Thailand a girlfriend who will give him a great time. Maybe something has really changed since the crackdowns began, because this is clearly no longer true.

>The best advice, given that (from what I read) you have had two successive "bad" trips,

Well, basically all my trips have been 'substandard' compared to the other trip reports. Maybe I'm simply not built for the nightlife in Thailand.. However, strangely enough I feel more comfortable and relaxed in Thailand than anywhere else.

>do a short course for something.

>Have you seen Ankor yet?

Funnily enough, that is pretty much exactly what I did during my Christmas vacation.

Wagner

Dont compare your trip to other trip reports, I dont think you can be built or not built for Thai nightlife. Irrespective of age, level of fitness, there is always a niche waiting to be filled...

I think next time you should arrange to meet members or friends, they can help and offer guidance to you...

Good luck

STH

[color:"green"] The sanukers' credo seems to be that anyone can find in Thailand a girlfriend who will give him a great time. Maybe something has really changed since the crackdowns began, because this is clearly no longer true. [/color]

Well, I had 4 GFEs on my November trip so it averages out. :grinyes:

Great stuff, I love honest reports like this. Reminds me of xmas '99 when I had such a miserable week I thought I would never go back to Thailand. Then on the last night I met someone special, but only because all the other guys she approached first would not pay the 800 baht bar fine! (new years)

Since then I have been back 12 times, but increasingly not just for beer drinking and girl shagging. Doing that as the main reason for a trip became a case of diminishing returns.

The only advice I can give is that I have met the most interesting girls in thermae, but I hear it's not what it was. Also,try a trip to Eden Club, you do get a good shag there even if it is not as long as advertised. If you are up soi 22 again try wild country bar, the girls there are outrageous. It can be depressing and frustrating trying to find what you are looking for but if it was always easy it would not be as good when you do. My feeling is that the girl friend experience is harder to find, and probably less likely at BG7 or Morning Night than other places.Just don't go to Pattaya, now that IS depressing.

Don't take too much notice of other reports as you never know how true they are or what gets left out. You could try meeting some of the members, but I would say be selective as in the flesh some are loud mouthed know it alls who you might not want to go around with. Why not go to a friday meeting at gullivers next time.

Where was the karaoke place on soi 22 was it the one in the plaza? Look forward to the Dec report-peter

I had a few dissapointing experiences in my last trip. I had only a couple of days, so wanted to use them to the full.

Wandered into BG7, walked around, packed, but not many of the single women were attarctive. One, looking about 24, was cute, so I moved over and joined her. "What you want?

I'm not sure, maybe get to know you a little.

"Why? You want to fuck?"

Well, maybe, waht do you want?

"I don't care"

Maybe we'll have a drink and talk together for a while.

"Why, you don't want to fuck? You ole man anyway, to ole for me!"

Thank you darling, actually, I think you're a bit to rude for me.

exit. Did take my taste for BG7 away that day.

went to Sweethearts club around the corner instead. Competent, friendly girl of resonable looks and age, but she didn't do BJ, and all seemd a bit mechanic.

In fact the best BJ that trip I got at Star of Love (or light?, anyway the one that still has the room at the back).

Very pasionate cutie. The room was occupied, so we had to wait 15 min. She used these to rub and fiddle and really drive me insane with lust. Then, when our turn came, she was an expert, and very pleasant. So good, next day i went back at 1.00 pm and BF'd her for the day . Had fun, f'ed, then she ph'd her friend, who arrived and hour later. The idea was a 3 some. But nr 1 decided to go out and buy some food first. Nr 2 dissappeared in the shower, and emerged 10 mins later, and almost before I had time to introduce myself, she unwrapped my sorong, and proceeded to give me another bery competent BJ. I wanted to wait until nr 1 came back, but she didn't let em, just went on with it.

When 1 arrived with the food, we sat on the floor and ate and talked, they told me a lot about the goings on in the bar, the money, the boss, the work, etc.

I deiced that I needed a break before my third shot, so suggested we go to the movies. They liked that, and we went to emporium. Their choice, Lord of the Rings III, which was good but lasted 3 and a half hours!!!

Got out well afetr 10 pm. I wanted more fun, but also a few drinks at SC before going home with them. In the cab, she ph'd her mum, baby sick. She'd talked before about sick baby, and I understood enough Thai to get the gist of the conversation, I don't think she made it up. I was happy to let them both go, and try my luck at SC. I suggested I'd get out at SC, pay them, pay the cab and they go home to baby. But nr 2 slyly suggested that since she'd left her toiletbag at my room, we'd have to go back anyway, so maybe they could postpone going home for a while, and at the same time give me the promised threesome.

It was nice, but after all that anticipation a bit hurried.

Never mind, off they went, and I jumped a cab back to SC.

The pretty ones were either gone or snotty or very expensive. I considered a regular, but didn't really want to encourage them too much, since Some of my 3 or 4 regulars had been making "I want you boy friend" sounds.

In the end, I left SC empty handed, and drifted home via Sukhumvit. Just before closing time, passed one of the outside BB, close to the old Clinton. Stopped for a last beer, and one of the girls said "You want XX? She just go home.

XX was an older Issaan woman, seemd a bit like assisant manager, who had looked after me when I was there sick a few montsh back. Never slept with her, but she was very caring and pleasant. So i thought, what teh hell, and they ph'd XX.

She arrived 10 mins later, very happy to see me. Back at the room, she took of her makeup, and looked like a few other old friends of mine, a relatively plainlooking isaan woman in her late 30's, with warm eyes, and a shy smile. But she was relaxing, familiar, and, when the time came, very passionate.

I agree with TurkFist, sometimes the older ones are worth their weight in Gold.

All in all, not the wild fun I had on some previous trips. Sometimes, you're in the mood, and the mood multiplies and spreads. Sometimes you're not, and nothing will create that mood.

Win afew, lose a few, I'll be back.

I've had some lousy times in Thailand. Sometimes it just takes a while to get in the groove, find the right girls, right places, friends, etc. Othertimes it was just my shitty attitude, and the world reflecting that back at me. Of the girls I meet, only maybe a third of them are ones I'm very interested in, and I find (from carefully compiled statistics) that only one in 7 of the ones I take home are the gems that rock my world. Odds seem even lower in BKK to me.

>The only advice I can give is that I have met the most interesting girls in thermae,

Definitely not my venue: there the only women who are even willing to talk to me have been positively horrid...

>Also,try a trip to Eden Club, you do get a good shag there even if it is not as long as advertised.

Been there, done that... It just feels like an awful waste of expertise - in my case it is comparable to hiring a team of plastic surgeons to give a manicure. Btw. I never had a feeling of being short-changed: my recharge time is too long, so I always have run out of steam at least 20 minutes before the official deadline; sometimes it has been really embarrasing how the girls have been positively cringing when I have signaled to be ready to leave - they have obviously been deadly afraid of getting a complaint to the manager. :(

>Don't take too much notice of other reports as you never know how true they are or what gets left out.

Well, it is just not plausible that most reports would be anything but factual, since otherwise Thailand hardly would enjoy the reputation and the popularity that it has; clearly most guys are consistently having a real party over there.

Wagner

"Well, it is just not plausible that most reports would be anything but factual, "

Pleeeease. It's the Internet. Its not plausible anything is factual. Personally, I think 14 year olds compiled from what they have read in other places write half of what you read.

:dunno:

TH

Archived