Bird Flu: Do you still eat chicken?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>> I read the bird flu gets transmitted to humans via bird droppings. You can not get it from eating chickens. <<

But some people (Vietnamese) died of it. I don't know, how they were infected, but it can happen and it seems to be fatal. So, why take the risk and who can guarantee, that the virus will not mutate?

I had ten pints of strong lager and a bottle of cherry brandy yesterday afternoon, followed by 16 Pro-Plus caffeine tablets ;) and a small chicken kebab (extra chilli sauce on that one, mate :up:) on the way home, then a bottle of Piat D'Or (red) as a wee "nightcap" before bed. :) I woke up this morning feeling totally nauseous, with a thumping headache, the trots, dry mouth, dizziness, sweating like a pig in a slaughterhouse wagon, and my hands trembling so much I couldn't get the top off my hip flask on the bus to work. :( I spent most of the morning weeping gently and chucking my guts up in the staff bog. :doah:

I had a few pints at lunchtime and felt a bit better, but there was definitely something amiss with that chicken. :: I'm laying off poultry products for a week or two till this "chicken meningitis" scare dies down. :nono: Mutton vindaloo and chips tonight, I reckon. :beer:

Be warned. ::

jack :help:

[color:"green"] But some people (Vietnamese) died of it. I don't know, how they were infected, but it can happen and it seems to be fatal. [/color]

In Vietnam chickens and people live together. The chickens are allowed to roam through their living quarters. Also on large chickens farms when people go to catch the chickens for slaughter much dust containing bird droppings gets kicked up into the air.

Spongey Jack:

There are 24,000,000 sheep in UK. That should last you a while. Ever hear of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies ?

What you got from the chicken is typical of eating it undercooked (salmonella). This can easily happen with a kebab, when they are packed close together and the heat cannot get as well to the center. It could have been worse though without the cherry brandy and lager. You seem to know how to take care of yourself :up:

Archived