A confession....

christo23

I have to confess that while I really like Thailand I´m not really a huge fan of the cuisine. Somehow all that sweet/sour/spicy combinations just don´t do it for me. In addition tot that I get a grumbling stomach quite often when I eat Thai food. Does anyone feel the same or knows someone who feels the same? Or am I a complete ignorant? I´m not a McDonalds junky and try to eat relatively healthy.

Some things take a little while to get used to, but a lot of the Thai food is actually quite good.

Experiment with things; try just a little Sri Ratcha sauce, or just a few spices. It's not required that we dip into the spices like the TGs, but I find I add a little more to each meal as my visit goes along.

And eateries range from a food cart on the soi to some pretty damn fancy digs. A restaurant like Cabbages & Condoms has food that might be more pleasing to the average Westerner, but the spice tray is never far away.

I like to get out and try new things. If I order something I don't care for it's no big deal, I just may not order it next time. But if I find something good, it gets added to the list.

The joy is in the journey.

I love Thai food but I can't eat it all the time so I change to western food for a day then go back to Thai food. When I'm in the Philippines, I hate the food there are stick to western or Japanese food.

One can only eat so much rice before you just have to have a bloody great big potato or a plate of chips ::

I love Thai food . But after a while I do get cravings for western i.e A big steak sandwich & chips or a good fry up.(Gulivers soi 5 do a good 1 )

As for Mac D's hate the stuff should be outlawed world wide :cussing:

Go for the normal Curries, like the Masaman Gai. They are not spicy and come with Potato's and Carrots. Really great and tasty. On the other side there is lots of other healthy food arround. Fried noodles with Vegies. I love Thaifood but it always makes me hungry. I am never stuffed like I used to be at home, after Pasta's and Pizza's. However, keep in mind that the Thai Cuisine is very healthy and does not have so many fats. Of course it is not easy to convince some one who has really tried all the things. My favourite is the Gai Yang, the Isan barbequed chicken. Cheers,

Archived