Children for Sale/Slavery

JAYBLOOM

Dateline NBC will have a show regarding child sexual slavery on Friday evening:

http://www.msnbc.com/onair/default.asp?program=Dateline%20NBC

Dateline NBC

Fridays (8-9 p.m.) and Sundays (7-8 p.m.)

The award winning prime time magazine show.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 23 - 9:00 PM ET

?Dateline NBC: Children For Sale,? reports on international child sex trafficking, an illegal industry in which young children are kidnapped and forced into prostitution each year. Using undercover cameras in conjunction a human rights organization, ?Dateline? traveled to the Southeast Asian nation of Cambodia, which has become a magnet for people who prey on the young and innocent.

I won't be able to see it, though I wish I could.

I also don't want this to be an orphan thread in itself. Let's have some input for chrissakes.

I know (as in facts) that Nepal has a tremendous problem with the trafficking of young girls (Fly - back me up here), and that while this is a Thailand board, we have a lot of members who could shed some light on the Cambodia angle.

Maybe we're all too comlpacent eh? I, for one. don't want to have sex with a girl that is endentured or otherwise forced (cue: debating point from a Thailand viewpoint) but as responsible sex tourists (cue: "I am not a sex tourist" thread) we must have some interesting anecdotes/views/opinions about this God-forsaken situation.

[sorry - pissed and emotional]

Hi Carew,

I dont want to pre-empt KS, but I think that his warning in Regional Sanuk pretty much sums up his attitude to this topic : it doesnt belong on a board dedicated to the concept of 'fun'. Having seen the emotions which this topic, and allied issues, evoke in the board membership, I can see his point.

Footnote: just to clarify things, I'm not advocating that we ignore the issue as individuals, far from it : simply that its not something we should dwell on as far as the board is concerned.

Cheers,

Artie

Hi,

While I am very much opposed to slavery and child prostituion, discussing these topics on a board like this is very difficult. The main reason being that it is too easy to misinterpret something, especially if you are looking for a reason to find fault with a site like this.

So, to make it very clear:

This site does NOT support slavery, child prostitution, human trafficking, etc., but due to the nature of this board the topic is too difficult to discuss.

I would be more than happy to add some banners to sites of NGOs dealing with these topics though.

Sanuk!

In a somewhat related story, while I was perusing vcd's yesterday in a popular pirate dvd location in Bangkok, I was surprised to see what looked to be a seriously illegal sex act on vcd.

It has become commonplace to see beastiality or shit eating vids around town (and they're in just about every video shop in Germany and Holland anyway) but this was different.

While I obviously haven't seen the actual tape, it appeared to feature a falang girl at perhaps 10 years of age engaged in extremely hardcore activities...and the pictures left no doubt of either her youthfulness or the activity. I have seen joung Japanese girls on vcd's where they claimed on the outside they were 13 years old but this was different because this girl was clearly pre-pubescent.

I have never seen this before (and hope never to see it again) but the guy had a stack of them premade and ready to go unlike the one per cover of the rest. Seems it was a popular title.

While not meaning to downplay the effects on the young lady in question, this is not a good time for this sort of material when the govt seems ready to carack down on of age adult material. Can only wonder what's next.

Artiew and KS,

Point taken. Sensible approach. Let's bin it.

The trouble with me is that I got in from the pub last night, checked the board and flipped.

One day I am going to be very rich: I'm going to invent a breathalyser that sits on top of the computer and won't let me post if I'm over the limit.

We can all have a rant together in Gullivers sometime in the future. Bagsy me first though...

Archived