Multiple-entry visa question

Hey,

Even though I showed (mailed to Consulate) documents for a retirement visa, mine clearly says "B." ... a mistake; but, how would my visa number come up if they ran the number? ... :dunno:

the "B" was hand-written in (no, not by me!). I should do the honest thing: go to report my residence and inquire about the mistake. ... even if I have to hit a border.

Today's weather is gorgeous in Bangkok; and, it looks like it will stay this way for at least a couple more

... well, I'm resigned to going to Thai Immigration tomorrow ... I like that part of town ... good area to explore by walking

& maybe I'll buy that police hat I've been wanting ... sold across from Immigration.

No, I won't be caught wearing it outside. BTW, what is the highest rank?? :grinyes:

You are most likely going to have to leave the country and return - any border crossing will do (unless you have the funds in a Thai bank account now). You do not have to do a 90 day report as you will be leaving. They allow up to 7 days early/late reporting on those.

When you get the money into an account here you can apply to change to a retirement visa with one year extensions at immigration.

That multi entry visa gives you extra time to get the funds here as all that would normally be needed is a single entry so they probably believed they were helping you.

Now, when I look at the stamp, I realise that I only looked at type: Non-Immigrant and No. of Enrty: "M" for mutiple ... I failed to check the 'category' ... really my fault for not noticing it sooner ... issued.. on Oct. 20, some 11-12 days before I departed the States. I merely accepted what Francesca said (she's extremely helpful & anybody can make a mistake + they're very busy there).

I got the one-year, multiple entry as I expect to go back to the States probably twice within the next year (more like 10 months).

I do believe they will help me rectify the mistake at Immigration ... but, it may take time & who knows what I'll have to provide ... I will let you know how I make out tomorrow.

What gets my ass, is that I had well over the limit until I bought my truck! :banghead: ... now, I'll be on the bus to Poipet next saturday ... :cussing: ... the financial scene should brighten soon :shhh:

lopburi3 's diagnosis sounds the most likely. Get down to the immigration office and get this straightened out. They will probably be able to give you an extension until your retiremnet visa issues. Since you are a week away from the witching hour, I recommend you stop reading this board long enough to get the straight poop directly from immigration. Then post your results here so we can stop scratching our heads. :)

RickF

Things went smoothly at Immigration. My screwed up visa, that I got in the States, was 'converted'/extended for a year from date of entry, Nov. 3. So, I gained some days because my original visa would have expired one year from date of issue, Oct. 20.

The extension cost 1900 Bt. I don't have to leave Thailand at all, unless I must or want to. Critical to get re-entry permit, 1000 Bt. (multiple - 3800 Bt.) before departure. Leaving the Kingdom without a re-entry permit would nullify the visa!

I did have to get a medical certificate (100 Bt.). I also gave a copy of my retirement income ... and one photo.

They wanted a letter from Thai bank, plus copies of the pages in the bank book. No, I did not have 800,000. Bt in the bank.

I/we talked to a few couples seeking extentions to their spousal visa ... one guy only had 30,000. Bt. in bank; and, he was not refused ... not sure how long he's been here though.

The gals in Room 201 directed me to Room 401 to file my first residency form, which one must file every 90 days while residing in the Kingdom. Feels great not to have to go to Poipet tomorrow! :up:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Got this from another board. Can anyone comment as to it's accuracy/validity?

"One can obtain a 60 day multi-entry tourist visa, then go

to Thai immigration in BKK for a 30 day extension. The

Visa must be used within 30 days but is good for 180

days from first entry. This means if one leaves at 89 and

179 days s/he is then able to stay a total of 269 days."

TIA,

Garuda

true........ if you can find an Embassy/Consulate that will issue you a 3 entry visa. Most will only do a 2 entry......... still it gives you 6 months (including extentions)

Archived