UK passports and long term stays

torrenova

The Singapore restriction was discussed on this board last year and someone called them to confirm it. My own experience is I did a Singapore tourist visa run at the beginning of '02 and didn't have a problem so maybe a new policy?

Thanks guys for all posts so far - please continue. Here's my feedback to date. Please correct me where I interpret things incorrectly etc.

So I get a 60 day visa which I extend for another 30 days. They I leave the country and return and do the same. So all in, around 180 days. Yes ?

Then what ? Jump over the border and wait for another 60 day visa (multiple entry ?) and do it all again as per the above ?

OK, moving on from visa runs. All this stuff about XYZ baht brought in from abroad and getting permits, visas etc.

So, bring in Bt3m and must buy a condo ? Then I get a one year visa which is automatically renewable ? Is this available at any age ?

Bring in Bt10m and that sorts me out a permanent visa but I cannot redeem the cash for at least 10 years. Interest free loan to Toxin et al.

I've read through much of the information on Thaivisa.com but it blinds me. As soon as I think I understand it, it makes less sense.

Ideally, I do not want to have to do any visa runs at all. I want a permanent or annual visa / permit etc. I won't be working but I may well decide to invest in some form of business or purchase assets in Thailand.

What I don't want is for the government to close the "loophole" of the visa runs and say allow only two back to back. Then what, if I've invested in the country ?

Help please.

I'm a little confused here as well. If one applies for a 60 day tourist visa and requests 2 entries, can one extend for 30 days in coutry the first time, leave then country and return and be given another 60 entry stamp, which can then be extended for another 30 days (max. total of 180), as someone mentioned?

Or, does one need to apply for another 60 tourist visa in another country after leaving the first time.

If the latter, it would seem pointless to request (and pay for) 2 entries.

Archived