UK passports and long term stays

torrenova

Guys,

A little help to separate fact from fiction required please.

I normally don't spend more than 30 days at a time in LOS so I never had to bother with visas before.

I know I can get a 60 day visa from the UK and I'm under 50 so can't have a retirement visa. So, when nearing the end of 60 days, what can I do ?

Can I extend for circa 10 days (as per 30 day visa) ?

Can I entend for 30 days ?

If I leave and re-enter, will I get the usual 30 days or another 60 day visa ?

Whether extended or renewed upon re-entry, what length of visa will I get and is there a limit to the number of consecutive visas one can get ?

I suppose the botom line question I'm asking is what can I legitimately do to maximise the length of each visa and minimise the number of times I have to do a visa run ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Have a friend here who lives on 60 day visas. He tells me that one can get a 30 day extension for B1900, then a 15 day for B1900 and finally a 7 day for no charge. Do not know for sure as I only do 1 year visas, but he has no reason to BS me.

Cheers,

SD

another option is if you can bring 1 million baht into thailand (bank account, buy condo, etc), you can apply for a residency visa allowing stay of 1 year at a time.

The 60 day tourist visa stay can be extended at any immigration office for 30 days with photos and 1,900 baht fee. You should not 'count' on any further extension without exit of country. So if you arrive with a two entry tourist visa you could end up staying almost 6 months.

New rules are expected to go into effect this coming July and details have not been published yet. In the past there has been no set limit on number allowed.

There is an Elite Card that comes with a renewable 5 year visa privilege (without age restriction) for those with 1m baht and who are accepted for membership.

torrenova,

What has not yet been said about the visa-run is that you can cross over the border and get the 'normal' 30-day visa or you can cross the border and apply to any Thai embassy a new 60-visa in 2 days in PP, SIN or any other place, of course extendable in BBK.

Cheers !

The reason it has not been said is his objective is to minimize visa runs so doing 30 day on arrival would be the worst option. Also, Singapore is not the right destination for getting a tourist visa because they will not issue back to back tourist visas.

>> The reason it has not been said is his objective is to minimize visa runs so doing 30 day on arrival would be the worst option. Also, Singapore is not the right destination for getting a tourist visa because they will not issue back to back tourist visas. <<

I am on 30 day visas because I like the change of scenery after 30 days. And yep, I have heard such things about SIN too. Probably a check on http://www.thaivisa.com is recommended too.

Archived