"Shit happens" Thais stop topless drug smuggler

kamui

This guy wasn't fooled into smuggling, but did it intentionally. Now at BKK Hilton he needs to be as tough as he looks like at BBC-Online, it even seems that the treaty by Thai police left the first traces.::

Thais stop topless drug smuggler

Mr Kiernan could face the death penalty

A British man who smuggled more than 9,000 ecstasy tablets past Bangkok Customs says he was later arrested - for not wearing a shirt.

Alan John Kiernan was found by police who stopped him to be carrying packs of ecstasy pills in his trousers.

"Shit happens," said Mr Kiernan, who could face the death penalty.

The 35-year-old arrived in Thailand from Switzerland on Friday, and was stopped in a park the following day. His haul is worth at least $100,000.

Police said Mr Kiernan wanted to sell the pills to foreigners in Bangkok.

The man, whose travel documents said he came from Southampton in southern England, told a news conference that he had only been caught because he had been wandering around without a shirt.

"They didn't catch me at the airport," he told Reuters Television. "I got through eight customs without being stopped once."

One report suggested Mr Kiernan came to the police's attention because of his unusual behaviour.

Another Briton, 19-year-old Michael Connell, pleaded not guilty in a Thai court on Monday, for allegedly smuggling 3,400 ecstasy tablets into the country in November.

The guy in that photo is only 35 years old ?? No wonder he was prepared to risk the death penalty - after the life he's had, it will seem like a relief !

If ever there was a stark warning to kids not to do drugs, just show them that photo - makes me feel a lot better about turning 45 to know that I still dont look that far gone ::

artiew said:

The guy in that photo is only 35 years old ?? No wonder he was prepared to risk the death penalty - after the life he's had, it will seem like a relief !

If ever there was a stark warning to kids not to do drugs, just show them that photo - makes me feel a lot better about turning 45 to know that I still dont look that far gone ::

I beg to differ. Look at the pic again... It's ex-Happy Monday's crooner Mr. Shaun Ryder! He's lost a ton of weight, and he's looking well. ::

jack :beer:

You just can't hire good help these days. In other articles the dimwit boasted of his exploits in evading Don Muang customs, indicated he was to be paid 5,000 pounds for his duties and panicked when he couldn't locate his local contact and decided to take a shirtless stroll but with his custom-fitted sweatpants. Admitted sampling his stash and seemed remarkably nonplussed by his predicament with his only regret that he didn't have a longer look around town but I imagine the Vitamin E has worn off by now.

norfloxacin400 said:

I guess we can expect the prospect of being cavity searched on arrival at DM to be a distinct possibility then. Or at least for UK passport holders :grinyes:

Then we should be OK then ::

Now there are others however...........hahahahahaha

Archived