Whores

jagoturner

Maybe you're automatically transferring your preconceptions and connotations of the word "whore" from the western situation to LOS.

-----------------------------

IMO, the reason why this thread is like the Energizer Bunny (er...Whore :grinyes:): going and going and going.....

Some people will forcefully bring with them their native defintions and labels (they may fit anywhere, of course, but choosingly), and use them wholesale on a whole population segment, then saying it is not to be used with the negativeness associated to the word, merely a description.

THAT is, IMO again, the mother of all PCness! Use Whore if you want (not you Rob, anyone, I mean), by all means, but stick to your guns, don't try to clean it or deny its evocative power.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Valentinoxxx,

One last attempt to revive our chat :)

You wrote:

I don't agree that using 'prostitute' instead of 'whore' brings respect.

No, it doesn't, I agree.

What I actually meant was that using the word 'prostitute instead of 'whore' does NOT bring disrespect.

Small difference but a significant one though.

So IMHO, if you think you're giving those women a touch of reality by labelling them as 'whores' you're at the same time giving them a touch of disrespect.

Please remember, I'm not trying to make you stop using the word. Each to his own.

I'm merely giving you a touch of my opinion :) Nothing personal.

Lazyphil wrote:

Actually shes (zaads gf) is a gtg with a very good/respectable job.

You replied:

Maybe, maybe not. I don't care.

Why the hell did you ask me in the first place then? Please refrain from asking me questions if you're not interested in its answer.

Zaad said:

Hi Valentinoxxx,

Basically, I don't give a shit what word you use to decribe them best, but your argument is pure crap IMHO :)

If you say:

Using the word 'whore' for a prostitute brings a touch of reality

Then I say:

Using the word 'prostitute' for a whore brings a touch of respect.

Cheers!

Your post, to me, was the first personal attack in a long and good natured thread. (The fact that you included a 'smiley' did not excuse the language)

You felt the need to 'lower the tone', not a problem. I can do.

You subsequent post stating that it wasn't personal was ill considered.

Quite frankly, I don't care to communicate with you further if you choose to use such language against myself.

What was, for me, a light hearted conversation about differing connotations of the meaning of a word, has degenerated...

I will reiterate what I have been saying all along.

For me, I perceive a whore and a prostitute to be the same.

You may have a differing perception, but that is what it is, a perception.

We all have differing perceptions, witness the length of this thread.

The point was to listen to each others points of view.

Reading through the thread, you may note that no one has used the word 'whore' maliciously.

Since you are so sensitive to the use of certain words, you might think about practicing what you preach. :rolleyes:

Hi Valentinoxxx,

Your post, to me, was the first personal attack in a long and good natured thread. (The fact that you included a 'smiley' did not excuse the language)

I'm sorry you feel that way. As I said before, it was not a personal attack. I was simply commenting on your opinions and arguments NOT you as a person. If I feel the need to attack your personally, I will do so via PM. But that's probably not going to happen, that's not me.

You sound like my 89-year-old psychology teacher back in high school. Some of her sentences were so full of psycho-bullshit that I never got a chance to understand them properly. The above is one of them.

Quite frankly, I don't care to communicate with you further if you choose to use such language against myself.

You have no problems with the word 'whore' but receiving 'shit' and 'crap' in a reply to your post about your opinions and arguments will make you stop our communication? :sleeping: You make no sense.

We all have differing perceptions, witness the length of this thread. The point was to listen to each others points of view.

Listen to each other's points of view AND comment on it. That's the whole point of a discussion, no? No comments, no discussion, no board.

Since you are so sensitive to the use of certain words, you might think about practicing what you preach.

While I may prefer to use the word 'whore' for specific people only (instead of using it for a generelization like you) I have no problems discussing its definition as you have undoubtedly noticed.

Cheers!

Zaad said:

Hi Valentinoxxx,

I'm sorry you feel that way. As I said before, it was not a personal attack. I was simply commenting on your opinions and arguments NOT you as a person. If I feel the need to attack your personally, I will do so via PM. But that's probably not going to happen, that's not me.

You sound like my 89-year-old psychology teacher back in high school. Some of her sentences were so full of psycho-bullshit that I never got a chance to understand them properly. The above is one of them.

You have no problems with the word 'whore' but receiving 'shit' and 'crap' in a reply to your post about your opinions and arguments will make you stop our communication? :sleeping: You make no sense.

We all have differing perceptions, witness the length of this thread. The point was to listen to each others points of view.

Listen to each other's points of view AND comment on it. That's the whole point of a discussion, no? No comments, no discussion, no board.

Since you are so sensitive to the use of certain words, you might think about practicing what you preach.

While I may prefer to use the word 'whore' for specific people only (instead of using it for a generelization like you) I have no problems discussing its definition as you have undoubtedly noticed.

Cheers!

All nonsense. Verbal diarrhoea.

"Zaad said:

Hi Valentinoxxx,

Basically, I don't give a shit what word you use to decribe them best, but your argument is pure crap IMHO"

Is that what you call a discussion of the definition of the word 'whore'?

I see it as a demonstration of the word 'Twat'.

End of conversation. I suggestion you go find yourself someone else to play with.

PS You don't need to bother answering me. I don't care to hear your answer. My opinion of you is already sealed

Tell it to someone who cares. I won't be returning to this thread.

Don't bother sending me a PM. It just might make me angry.

Archived