Story of an idiot (Part 1)

TroyinEwa/Perv

Not picking on you, just wondering what the difference between the topics of stories and trip reports is? :dunno:

I thought that trip reports were about nightlife and stories not. So if there is bargirls in the story, isn't it a trip report? Or is it getting more confusing?

:dunno:

Anyway write more of the report/story. Anything more about the first girl?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my forum, but I would think that a story ....... is well. a story.... bargirls or not, true or not. Whereas a trip report is usually factual (albeit so is this one) and more of a travellers report than a story.

If I went to Chiang Mai and talked about how I got there, where I stayed, what I ate and Incidently who I shagged, then I have a trip report. If I only talked about the girls I met and our encounters, it would be IMO a story.

So far IMO this is a story, but I'm sure Cent will pop it in it's appropriate pigeon hole in due course.

:bow:

I don't know. I thought that the distinction was whether the story/report was general in natural or nightlife in nature. Isn't that why is there a separate nightlife section now?

THAIHOME said:
Cent said:

Troy,

Keep it coming. I'll decide later if it needs to moved to Trip Reports. It's looking like a story so far, I think. :-)

Cent

He starts it out with "This will be a non-fictional tale of my last 4 trips to Bangkok. " (bold is mine) and you think it looks like a story and not a trip report?

Not picking on you, just wondering what the difference between the topics of stories and trip reports is? :dunno:

Good report anyways, hope he continues...

TH

TH,

He also titles the post "Story of an Idiot". As the thing isn't finished and I "think" it may be more story than just a normal trip report I'd like to reserve "MY" judgement on this and wait for a bit more. There can sometimes be a fine line between trip report and story. And no, it has nothing to do whether bargirls and such are talked of as one poster thought. Stories can contain nightlife stuff, and even trip report material. It's just that they tell a particular story along the way, rather than just a report on the posters trip. If you've noticed most of my stories are really just trip reports of stuff I've done while in the village and in the country, but they are less a report than a story. And "picking on me"? Why would I think that?

Cent

To me a TR is reportage, like a newspaper or TV news story. Its current/recent and contains lots of facts (W5 etc.) and practical information.

A story could be months or years old and contains more subjective info, emotional content, conjecture, opinion, perhaps a moral or lesson learned etc.

Maybe its a fine line but I think there can be a difference so I don't think two separate categories is a bad idea.

Cent:

As you say yourself, there is a fine line between a story and a trip report, so the difference is really trivial. There is a major difference between what has nightlife in it and what doesn't. Maybe some people do not want to read about it and can therefore have a way to avoid it. Wouldn't it make more sense and be easier to divide the two based on that criteria. The captions under the two headings on the main page also seem to indicate this division (i.e. your experience sampling the Thai nightlife).

cropduster,

Well, there is a new section for just nightlife stuff, but does this now mean that any mention of the nightlife, the "adult" nightlife, means the post has to go there? I don't know. I'll ask KS. This is all new in the seperations now being used in the different forums. I mean, a lot of Turkfist's stories are about the adult nightlife and the sex scene venues and stuff. Are they then not "stories"? Should they be posted in the adult nightlife section? Are you saying that any mention in a post of the sex scene available in Thailand means it should be placed in the seperate forum? Just wondering.

Cent

Archived