Story of an idiot (Part 1)

TroyinEwa/Perv

johnnyk said:

To me a TR is reportage, like a newspaper or TV news story. Its current/recent and contains lots of facts (W5 etc.) and practical information.

A story could be months or years old and contains more subjective info, emotional content, conjecture, opinion, perhaps a moral or lesson learned etc.

Maybe its a fine line but I think there can be a difference so I don't think two separate categories is a bad idea.

JohnnyK,

I agree. He does say it is a "tale" of a year's worth of trips over, too. I'll just see how it unfolds and decide then. And yes, I think it will be better having the trip reports and stories section seperated. I'd like all who have a story to tell to please post it here. Fiction and non-fiction. On topic of course. If you have a problem deciding what it is/where it should go just let me have a look and I'll send it over to TR's if it looks a report rather than a story IMO.

Cent

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'd like all who have a story to tell to please post it here. Fiction and non-fiction."

OK, I gotcha. I was thinking that "Stories" was a place for fiction. Maybe a clarification in the title or a sticky note? It is a bit unclear to a lot of us what is difference between a trip report and a story. Writing style? I.e., trip reports are dry and use mainly bulletpoints while stories are more enteraining to read?? :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

Archived