The difference between stories and trip reports

jagoturner

chuckwoww said:

Well let's say for instance I want to post a fictional trip report. Where should I stick it? Notice how I leave myself wide open to a whole range of responses.. :neener::)

Anytime you you ask me 'where you should stick it?' it opens the door to a wealth of responses. :nono::neener: All of which you already know. :bow::cover:

Fiction = Stories :grinyes:

"Basically stories are fiction and trip reports are not"

That makes sense to me and is my initial impression when I read the subject. That is also why I was wondering why my rant about improper etiquette in a diddling bar was placed here? Not that I care... :sleeping:

Whilst some folks may think my tales to be fiction, those that know me well (including you Foxy) know that this is not the case! :drunk::devil::clown::beer:

Maybe we need another catagory called "ExPat MisAdventures"? :D

Cheers,

SD

Well Tigger I agree with you and can vouch for the fact that as unlikely as some of your scenarios may seem to others they are all factual. And I thank you for letting me share in some of them. :doah:

Guess there are some that either doubt your veracity or just like your posting style. :banghead:

Next time, get thee to mine nunnery. :neener::beer:

No sorry, I'm not a Zappa fan but only because I haven't had that much exposure to the man and more of his music. I've only heard 2 or 3 songs on the radio. He was definitely doing stuff on a different level. Now, I have to listen to Thingfish! I don't recall ever seeing any of the record album art? The cover art or the Central Scrutinizer image will be welcomed. ::

I'm still contemplating what to use for my signature image but ideas are swimming around my happy head.

Wasn't the original idea to separate the "Hot and steamy" TR/S from the more mellow - non P4P - commentaries.

Hence the separate Nightlife section as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a pretty big discussion on this not so long ago.

"Trip Reports" (Nightlife Section) = Nightlife Trip Reports, Stories, whatever (ie mainly P4P action)

"Stories" (General Section) = General Stories, including Trip reports about LOS. Not P4P though.

Hope this helps.

LaoHuLi said:

STH ....

Basically stories are fiction and trip reports are not.

Some trip reports may end up to be stories as they become mostly involved in relationships rather than the trip.

Let's keep it simply guys. ::

LH,

Not necessarily so. But yes, if fiction it definitely belongs in here in the stories section. A lot of stories aren't fiction though, and aren't trip reports as such. Although they may be about the authors time in Thailand the writing style and subject matter and presentation and writing style can determine the placing of the post. But if you'd like to make this a way to do this, would you like to make this section as fiction only? If so my stories would then be considered trip reports and go in your section LH. :-) Let's discuss this some more and work this out. We do want to make this as little confusing as possible.

Cent

spirit_of_town_hall said:

So to go in the trip reports section do they have to be written in realtime as such...

What is the cut of point, when does a trip report become a party.

STH

STH,

Yeah. A report, more than a story. You know, "I went here, I did this, ate here, paid this much, screwed one lass for this much, etc., etc." Wheras a story, tells, well, a story. It focuses on more then just "went there, did this". It tells a story about a particular girl, and more in depth than how much you paid for her services and what positions you screwed in, or a particular place or event. Trip reports are usually about a guy's sexual adventures while in the LOS, although not restricted to just that, it is usually what they contain. The context of the post usually is about the P4P scene, and areas where to go to indulge, where to stay, what bars are open, what bars are showing, where a new bar or restaurant or hotel is located, and what to do while there when the bars and such are closed. Newly written Trip Reports are full of up to the minute data and details usually, as most write them soon after they are back in their home country, or as soon as farangland starts giving them the blues. I'm not saying a trip report HAS to be about a members sexual adventures or P4P stuff, many now have wives and girlfriends, or are into trying to find GTG's as their girlfriends, or just go there for the fun in the sun and the golf. (yeah, right.) But they mostly are about the P4P stuff.

Whereas stories cover most anything and everything, including the P4P stuff, and can be either fact or fiction.

If in doubt either post it here or in Trip Reports and LaoHuli or I will determine exactly what the hell it is, and where it belongs. 'S why we are here really.

Cent

Archived