what to expect on valentines (14feb) from your TGF

chilli13

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect not receive a damn thing from any of them aside from multiple e-cards and a few hundred SMS's because I am not in LOS. I might even get the surprise phone call that may occur because they are in their rooms listening to love songs and are thinking about me maak! maak!

Peronally, I hate Valentines Day in any country. So damn commercial and raises unnecessary expectations of special romantic treatment. Not as big in BKK as in the West but it sure as heck is getting there.

TG's prefer any cuddly stuffed animal, anything considered cute, a new mobile, designer clothing items or candy versus the traditional rose/flower bouquet. That has been what I have experienced. Take her and a couple of her friends to a Karaoke bar also does the trick too.

any experience from the romantics?

Romantics? oh yes, that's me. I'm THE romanticist you need to listen to, dear IB13.

I always plan exactly one month ahead. This is needed for the required xylophone lessons and the poem writing. For the poem I usually use a few good lines of Eddie Murphy's 'Raw' or 'Delirious'.

On the very day of the 14th. of Feb. the excitement is nearly making me faint, so intense as it is I can't wait for the evening or night to come to start my show for my love. So, same as every year, I do it in the mornings.

I wait till she enters the toilet for a morning relief before dressing myself with my best 10-buck tuxedo.

I slam the door open and there I am, playing a serenade on the piss-wet bathroom floor on my 99 Baht multi-color xylophone (bought at Lotus) while she's high up there above me sitting on the toilet seat looking funnily down at me with her pyjamas down at her ankles. The poem is carefully yet strategically shoved up my ass and a plastic fading red rose in my mouth I use every year.

You must see the look on her face. Worth more than 1000 words, she loves it. Try it, IB13. :up:

You are welcome!

Hi,

Depends on the girl, and what your relationship is to her. I just got back a couple of weeks ago, to find my G/F had slipped something into my bag. It was a hand embroidery artwork that she had worked on every night, for 2 months. Had two people sitting on a bench, male reading newpaper, and female knitting. She embroidered our names, with a valentine's day wish for us. Her first attempt at doing this, but is quite unreal, and very detailed :)

I guess I need to at least send flowers, after that. :)

HT

HT,

That would be a strict minimum requirement :)

Back on topic, my GF and me discussed this 2 years ago and again last year and decided it was better to love each other and to be kind and sweet to each other every day of the year and not only on that very commercial day.

I bought her flowers yesterday - for no reason except love - and they will be good for a week I hope :)

Cheers !

Hi BB,

I agree with you. Valentines day is sort of 'plastic'. Created from retailers wanting to make a buck. But unless you are close enough to make an agreement such as yours, with your intended, it is hard to not agknowlege(sp?). As commercial as it is, there is not a woman born who would not appreciate recognition on this day. Even yours.....although the agreement is in place, doing something special for her on this day, would only result in a smile on her face.

To slight a woman on this day, is catastrophic. They are creatures of romance, and they expect that you will show your love to them on this day. If you don't, you are dead meat on a stick. And they will never forget it.

I'm already getting email Valentine's day cards from my g/f. From 4 days ago. ::

She is telling me that I God damn well better never forget her on this day. I'm starting to think flowers are not enough. God damn the marketers of the earth. I know I must produce for her, or else.

And it is too late for me to reciprocate a 2 month embroidery dedicated to us. I'm fucked. Hahahaha

HT ::

Archived