1 Day/ Half-day Tours

ohhhlee

ohhhlee,

If you happen to find a temporary girlfriend, take her along (make sure she's dressed appropriately) and grab a taxi and make your own tour. Start at the Grand Palace and then head over to Wat Po. From there you can charter your own river tour (400B/hr). You can find some other tourists that are interested and share the cost of the boat as well. Check out the Royal Barge Museum and the snake farm is worth a look, but a bit touristy. When finished you can be dropped off across the river at Wat Arun. Do things at your own pace and you won't be stuck following a bunch of old tourist couples :sleeping:, not to mention you can miss the obligitory shopping rip-off stops.

Ranger

Good advice Ranger!!

Don't forget to include the Museum of the Department of Forensic Medicine at the ground floor of the forensic medicine building, Siriraj Hospital. It's the most famous of 10 medical museams on the premises and worthwhile every damn satang, oops it's for free as well. Closed on the weekends.

Why does nobody ever mention this, it's one of the most fascinating places in BKK open to public.

Have fun!

Go inside Nana Hotel lobby, theres a travel agency there. They have various books filled with pictures and prices that you can browse, for tours.

They have many tours listed, and its very easy to target what you are interested in, without wasting any time. I booked there before, and had no problems with the tour.

Hi many to have a look at.

City and Temples Tour...half day

Grand palace Tour...Half day

Ayutthaya River Cruise....full day

Damner Saduak Floating Market...half day

Rice Barge Cruise...half Day

Bangkoks Waterways...half day

Jim Thompsons House with Suan Pakkard Palace,..half day

River Kwai..full and half day...recommend the full day.

As I don't know my way around Bangkok

As I see from your thread in Nightlife, you may be making some new "friends" in Bangkok. They make most excellent tour guides and believe me you will have much more fun seeing the sights with the right girl than you will on a tour bus full of old people.

Ranger

Well said Ranger, my gtg gf took me on a tour last October and it was far better and more fun. The only place we could not get into was the Grand Palace - that day it was only open to APEC delegates! :cussing:

Have a bit of fun feeding the Kings fish too! I have never seen such well fed fish in my life. I have some video of my gf feeding them and she is laughing her head off at one fish that damn near ate a whole loaf of bread! What a laugh it is too!

Archived