Laem Mae Phim, Rayong area.

Bembaman

Not familar with the specfic area you asked about, but we did live just north of Rayong for several months. The area I am familar with, and I don't know the name, is around the PMY resort. We stayed at the Kanary Bay service apts and they are really good. I remember seeing several bungalow/small hotel type places on the Beach rd. Problem with this area is the beach, as in the sand, is almost gone and they have had to build breakwaters all along the beach to stop the erosion.

quote:

Originally posted by Bembaman:

Anyone been here?

I stayed there one night and cannot remember where or why now. Not a particularly nice beach even by Thai standards (by Thai standards I mean getting a good meal to eat). Notable for the beach road which is lined with coniferous trees and makes for a pretty drive through. Best bet is to have a quick look then hop on the ferry to Koh Samet if you want nice beaches.

Cheers,

I stayed in Rayong for a few days some time ago, Only thing I can contribute, is be careful if you go in the water ( ocean).

I went in, enjoyed the swim, but found when I got out there was oil ( machine oil I think) in the water, and had a hell of a time getting it off. ( where is a soapy when u really need it)

The sea food was really good too, the horsesohe crab ( grilled,and scoop out the eggs) was a real treat.

come to think of it, have not seen that "treet" avalable for some time now?

heard they figured out it was not good for you. ( I'm still ok(( as far as I know )))

Archived