Glossary and Grid

Hello,

I am relatively new to this message board and planning an fun trip to Thailand. I have deduced some of the information by reading through different posts, but it would be very helpful if someone(s) would define abbreviations, locations (areas), and what is near what.

Glossary Examples -

ST - Short Time

LT - Long Time

NEP - I beleive an area in Bangkok? Please confirm.

BKK - I beleive Bangkok

And so forth...A lot of terms are bandied about on this message board and it is difficult to decrypt at times.

Grid Example -

From what I have read it strikes me that Bangkok has several areas and Pattpong is basically one location. It would be helpful if someone created a list/grid of locations with information. Such as:

Bangkok

NEP

Nearby Hotels that don't hassle you

XXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXX

Best Go-Go Bars

XXXXX

Best Beer Bar

XXXXX

Special interest

XXXXXX

Etc.

XXXXXX

Pattpong

One location

My guess is that this will take a little time, but I also think it would be hugely beneficial to folks like myself.

Thanks and Rock On!

Well friend, welcome aboard I see you just signed on in the last 24 hours, this is not intended as a flame.

I have a couple of suggestions, trot down to Borders and buy a map of Bangkok so you can get an idea where things are located. Then, I'd suggest you take the map, sit down at your 'puter with some Starbucks and go through the post on the board and plot out what would appear to interest you from the various post.

I think most of the old hands on this board would tell you that it would be hard to do as you suggest, e.g., the grid, because things are in a constant state of change in BKK. You can see that if you read Trink's column in the Post. In addition, like most of life, what I like may not be your interest, so if you follow my suggestion you might come away with a less then a satisfactory experience.

After you've done your research on the board then ask for specific information and you'll find most folks will be glad to fill in the gaps in your knowledge with their experience(s).

TV,

NEP - Nana Entertainment Plaza

Patpong - a set of sois off Thanon Silom

If you want info on specific bars, ST hotels, A Go-Gos, in these places check out the threads in Nightlife and Accommodation.

Also check out Stickman's excellent site:

Stickman's Guide to Bangkok

Stick, I hope you don't mind my posting your link, I wasn't sure how quickly you might respond to TV.

All the info you need is in threads on this board and in Stickman's site.

If you ask specific questions, you will also get details from board members.

Hi,

Tvacation, since you are an obvious newbie researching your first trip I think you would do good by signing up to the memberarea of this website.

It contains several maps, lots of info on the nightlife as well as background articles, health information, etc.

Sanuk!

Archived