Most beautiful natural wonder

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

What is inyo the most grandiose, breathtaking natural landscape/ natural wonder you've seen? For me its still Grand Canyon--one day I will visit the north rim in the mid winter. (No, some girls snatch doesn't count on this one :hubba: :nono:;))...Anyone been to Igusu Falls before?--worth a look or not?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rocky Mountains in late summer, early fall.

Most unusual and attracting ....... Goreme Valley at night in Turkey, Bamian Bandiamir in Afghanistan, The Stone Forest in Yunan Province in China.

Guest lazyphil

Rockys are beautiful no doubt. Jasper NP I remember was stunning, saw Japanese tourists getting up close and personal (way to close and far from their tour bus) with a Grizzly :help::banghead:--Looking down on the Urabamba (sp) river from Machu Pichu, Peru pretty awe inspiring.

I live/lived in the Rockies for many years. Driving though back roads in the fall surrounded by the colors of Autumn and with snowcapped peaks is quite inspiring. Also on the BC coast on my boat,(when I had one) where ocean and mountains meet, eagles circle overhead and dinner swims beneath you, has left many memories to be cherished.

I have been truly fortunate to have seen so much of this planet that we are trapped on, and more than a few places that will never leave my mind's eye. Difficult to chose a view to die with.

No doubt that the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains are spectacular natural wonders. But my vote goes to Yosemite National Park...particularly in mid-Spring, Fall, and Winter.

Not in any Order

Angel Falls, Venezuela

Mt Mickinley, Alaska

Lake Clark, Alaska

The Glenn Highway between Sutton and Gunsite Mountain, Alaska

The Harding Ice Field Alaska

The Deali Highway, Alaska

The Canadian Falls and Niagara Gorge, NY and Canada

The Grand Canyon

>>>What is inyo the most grandiose, breathtaking natural landscape/ natural wonder you've seen? <<<

natural landscape: the himalaya (esp. the tibetan plateau).

natural wonder: sophia loren (when she was young).

Archived