Most beautiful natural wonder

Guest baldrick

lazyphil said:

<<natural wonder: sophia loren (when she was young)>>

Thanks for derailing my thread :doah:

no worries, mate, was a pleasure. :neener:

further derailment:

gimme back the natural wonders of yesterday, the good old divas! they were godesses. :angel:

today's female stars ain't the same, they are human, they may look nice - but you just know that they also belch, fart and wake up with bad breath. :cover:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zaad said:

natural landscape: the himalaya (esp. the tibetan plateau).

Absolutely breathtaking.

I saw it from the airplane once (no idea which plateau :)) but it was really amazing. So impressive. I will never forget that picture.

when i was still young and fit i did a fair bit of walking up there - it is fucking unbelievable up there. as chocolatesteve said - very spiritual feelings come up in the thin air.

the last time i was there about two an a half years ago. still great, but i woul have wished to still be fitter.

GO THERE! :up:

Soongmak - Fly will bear me out here (I hope) but a chappie by the name of Alan Hinkes, a British mountaineer of some note, came across a German team who had climbed and summitted an 8,000'er. Arriving exhausted and jubilant the Germans turned to him and said "And now - we enjoy the altitude!"

That's hardcore!

Guest lazyphil

I had dodgy spiritual stuff going on by Grand Canyon some 6000 feet inside it by the Colorado river--some 15 miles wide and 277 miles long--not just its dimensions but its colours--fauna and flora are found within the NP that are found in central Mexico to central Canada--yes I'm an anorak

rusty me old mucker I've just lulled you into a false sense of security on the fishing front ;):grinyes::help: ::

carew66 said:

Soongmak - Fly will bear me out here (I hope) but a chappie by the name of Alan Hinkes, a British mountaineer of some note, came across a German team who had climbed and summitted an 8,000'er. Arriving exhausted and jubilant the Germans turned to him and said "And now - we enjoy the altitude!"

That's hardcore!

they are nuts, those summiters.

i have never had the urge to climb on some top. enough to stand at the foot of some peak and stare in wonder and amazement.

the highest i was, was about 6500 meters crossing by bus a pass, and it was a very weird feeling - within a few hours from a 3500 meter plateau to 6500. i was like drunk, brain didn't work at all, nose bleeding, the missus had also a splitting headache.

two and a half years ago i spent several nights in a saddhu's cave on 5500 meters (was there already a decade and a bit before) , and that was brilliant (the ascend though was a killer - i was sick with a flue and nearly fainted every 20 meters or so).

it was a small plateau straight below a stunning 7000 'er. far below was a grand glacier stretching into eternity, opposite that one peak after the other. the saddhu i stayed with fed every day a herd of wild mountain goats. those goats had no fear - they just came, surrouned him and licked salt from his hands.

next time i have the opportunity to visit them man i will take up his offer to walk from there over some age old pilgrimage passes going into the most barren lands, passing holy lakes...

i don't care if it is lack of oxygen, or what - that is fucking spiritual! :)

Archived