Are these places any good

Alfmaz

Hi,

Not been to the Coliseum, but have been to the Brew Pavillion a few times. Quite liked it. Food is decent and not too expensive, and the music can also be quite good (depends a bit on who is playing).

On gripe I have though is that if you get a seat too close to the stage, the music is *very* loud. Too loud for conversation, which puts rather a damper on the evening.

Anyway, I would recommend the place.

Sanuk!

brew pavilion is on rachada opposite holliwood/dance fever & just north of petchaburi. very decent food incl. the huge tasty smoked ham chunks, thai favorites & various desserts not too mention the microbrewed lager & weizen :beer:

very popular place so I shouldn't really recommend as it's always packed at weekends where bookings is essiential.

the tawan deang's are much further out with the german brevery branch off rama 3 behind sathorn near the river & the large one at rama 9 / pratanakorn? way northeast of town.

colisium does no special beer & probably has the fewest farang and weirdest entertainment :drunk:

"colisium does no special beer & probably has the fewest farang and weirdest entertainment"

I haven't been to these other places but I really enjoyed the show in Coliseum. Good band, beautiful singers and dancers. After the live show there's a dj playing dance music. Lots of single women too having fun in groups but I think better go there with a date. Food was good too. Mostly 20-30 years old people having a night out.

I saw only two other farangs there, really drunk and spreading their money. They made jokes about the farangs during the ladyboy cabaret, too bad didn't understand anything :: Atleast everybody was laughing out loud.

Brwe Pavillion on Rachadapsiek is very decent. God food, good prices and decent music with a large band and several singers both male and female. It seat appox. 2000 but you'll need to book and come in early if you want a decent few of the stage. Has its own micro brewery

Colliseum is similar, but doesn't have a micro brewery. Owned by the same crowd that owns Dance Fever, the disco near Hollywood, opposite Brew Pavillion. IMO the band and the singers are quite poor in quality.

Best place is IMO German Beer Tawan Daeng. Own microbrewery and the variety and quiality of the show performed by the Fong Nam band is excellent. Not expensive.

You'll need to book and come in early.

All places are mostly catering to Thais.

colisium does no special beer

Actually, they do. But for some reason you have to ask for their specialty beer menu. They've got lots of interesting imported bottled stouts, porters, ales, and such. But by and large it's a heineken joint; that's all they have draft beer wise. They even have 4 liter heineken minikeg's they can put on your table.

I like places like the coliseum more than discotek's because they are more catered to enjoying good thai food and the music volume is not so high, but still louder than your gogo mind you. It's as mentioned mainly a thai place, but nice for a change if you go with some thai people.

Archived