Your Best Buy In Thailand

Torneyboy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't be specific, but definitely, Thailand is overall one hell of a place to receive service and things unexpensively. Places like Chiang mai, and Ubon, where i am now, are just one example on how much you can enjoy staying or traveling, without hurting the pocket book, still treat yourself to many good things. Guess that's my answer then: Thailand itself.

pattaya127 said:

Can't be specific, but definitely, Thailand is overall one hell of a place to receive service and things unexpensively. Places like Chiang mai, and Ubon, where i am now, are just one example on how much you can enjoy staying or traveling, without hurting the pocket book, still treat yourself to many good things. Guess that's my answer then: Thailand itself.

I understand your point....but anything stick out as a real bargain?

Everything i guess i meant.

I paid 160b/day bahts for a comfortable hot shower room in a hotel with swimming pool in Chiang Mai. indifferent staff and management but still: Deal!

Here in Ubon, i decide to splurge, i am staying in the plushest hotel in town, pool on the 5fth floor, room with balcony, corner salon with sofa in room, , humonguous lobby, attentive staff, whatever... 1000 bahts. Deal too!

Depends where you are. In Ubon, 160 bahts is the pits, but their 500 + hotels are better than Chiang mai for the same price.

Of course this would be relative to what you can get in your home country. Right now it is winter in Canada, so naturally fresh fruit is not so easy to get and is expensive. It makes me think of all the pineapple and other fruit that I was able to get in Thailand, all so pleantiful, fresh and dirt cheap.

Other thing that comes to mind : 1. a light windbreaker jacket from Tesco, 130 B, 2. a pair of exercise/weighlifter gloves, 100 B from Robinson's.

harlequinbkk said:

Of course this would be relative to what you can get in your home country. Right now it is winter in Canada, so naturally fresh fruit is not so easy to get and is expensive. It makes me think of all the pineapple and other fruit that I was able to get in Thailand, all so pleantiful, fresh and dirt cheap.

Other thing that comes to mind : 1. a light windbreaker jacket from Tesco, 130 B, 2. a pair of exercise/weighlifter gloves, 100 B from Robinson's.

Yes the fruit is good buying for sure...take back to the hotel for breakfast...save the 350 odd thb for hotel cost :up:

Check up, cleaning, exrays, three fillings all completed in less than three hours from the time I made my appointmnet, commute time included for $75 and that was at one of the most expensive dentists in Bangkok by a dentist that could double for Miss Universe.

we bought 3 years ago 33 rai land for 260 000 baht in a prime location in an underdeveloped area (which is rapidly getting developed now). today it's worth somewhere around 350 000 baht, and rising. only the trees we have on the land will be worth in 5 years around 200 000 to 300 000 baht.

depending on the speed how the papers are getting upgraded, and the speed of development, the land will be in ten years worth somewhere in between 600 000 and 1 mio. baht, maybe even more.

Archived