Fortune Telling?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I only know because my g/f had done a few weeks back, for her first time. I asked her to explain in detail, and feet were included with palms, tarot cards, etc. Didn't ask exactly what was done with the feet. I can only assume they read the lines, as with the palms. I'll ask her tomorrow.

Cost was 100 baht, by the way. g/f was impressed with some of what she was told, and unimpressed with other stuff. She said was interesting, but did not take it too seriously. Everyone checked out very good (I really do love her, Grandmother is in good health, etc) except for her. When her turn came, she said the 'devil' card was turned over. :: :)

Like I said, she did not take very seriously, and I doubt she will do again.

HT

Hi CBK,

I'm in Hawaii, and is quite popular here with the Asian culture. Many believe in it, to the exstreme. There is one lady here who only does on Saturday morning's. She is so popular, that at 5:00am, there is a freaking line around the block waiting to see her. And she charges US$100 a pop. ::

I know people who go to her, and thinks she is a God. Thank goodness my g/f is not into that stuff. I've seen it literally rule some people's lives, who make life-altering decisions based on what they are told. Crazy stuff, IMO.

HT

check_bin_krap said:

"Like I said, she did not take very seriously, and I doubt she will do again."

Lucky you HT. My fiancee goes regulary to a fortune teller, who has branded me as a womanizer.. :o

Cheers!

You hit the nail on the head....the cards bring up my relationship with my EX Mp GF..every time.

Then the Thai temper starts :doah:

I avoid the readings any way i can :D

I must say the cards are very hard to argue with.....accurate :p

" must say the cards are very hard to argue with.....accurate"

:D Torneyboy, poor you. I had to laugh as I read your post though!

In my case its far from accurate. Fortuneteller says I am charming, nice guy who ladies fall for. And I have many girls around me always ::.

Thats very far from the truth... Actually, a lot of the stuff which is told comes from things they pick up fast from the client. The above is my fiancee's image of me, but not right one.

Other stuff can be interpreted in many ways and twisted around.

Ex claimed she even got when she is going to die (age I think)from a fortuneteller, and said her mum did the same and it was right.. Thats scary for sure.

Cheers!

Most thais I know say fortune tellers are bull shit, but they still go to them. Some are bull shit, but some are very accurate.

How it works, I would say nobody knows. I have dabbled in it to a considerable degree.

I find Thais use playing cards for the most part. There are some Tarot cards in Thai, but most are in English,

At the temples, sticks are used. I always give the can a shake to see which stick falls out. The monk I see always seems interested in me when I do that.

As for stones, I have done that myself. There are many variations of how this is done.

My girl friend goes to one main fortune teller who works by the temple. I am not to fond of her going there because she is very accurate, especially concerning myself.

Archived