Fortune Telling?

Anyone got any experience with fortune tellers in thailand? I am specifically interested in what the preffered methods used are. eg. tarrot cards, tea leaves, palmesry. Are the tarrot card in thailand the same as those used in the west or a special Thai version?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of the above, and the Tarot cards are the same (or they wouldn't be Tarot cards) and are available at Asia books in as many editions as I have seen in the west.

Taking up a new vocation are we ?

My experience is all of the above with the important addition of astrology. Your birthday and especially the day of the week, the time and year is very important.

One time a few years ago my wife announced we had to drive to her mother's house as a very good fortuneteller had an opening and her mother had booked us. Most of it focused around me. When were you born, what time of day (they were amazed I didn't know this), what year, etc. Spent a little while looking at my palm. Did some reading off cards. Drew a chart of some sort, which was compared to huge book of similar charts.

The result was I am a good guy and everything is going to work out for us (as in we will have lots of money). ::

TH

thanks for that. In the limited exposure i have had to Thai fortune telling i do remember that there does seem to be a fairly complex proceedure to it all reagrding the gathering of information and comparison to charts/stars/numbers etc. I guess thats why some of these seers charge so much.

most use astrology (chinese horoscope) and some do palm reading. actually amazing sometimes what they can tell you about your past.

two of them predicted me that i had to be careful this year as i could get involved in a accident and also two predicted some changes in my professional life by midyear (actually i have changes every quarter!)

Archived