Do you wear a Buddha amulet?

Chanchao

Rarely. I do have many, but I seldom wear one. As for religion, most claim Buddhism is not a religion. As for a belief system, I believe in Buddhism as I do other religions.

Can amulets work? I would say probably. I practice stage hypnosis and one thing I have noticed is amulets do seem to carry some of the attributes of stage hypnosis which means people can have instanteanous healings, etc. How it all works - no 2 people can come to an agreement so don't ask me.

Some amulets seem to be more powerful then others. I use to teach classes on this subject. It can be very amazing, say the least.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some amulets seem to be more powerful then others.

That's the BS that people believe.

It makes people feel safer, mentally. They feel better driving a car with this small 'protecting' amulet on the dashboard or around their neck, and nothing wrong with that of course.

But one amulet stronger (more powerful) than another is a joke to me.

As for religion, most claim Buddhism is not a religion. As for a belief system, I believe in Buddhism as I do other religions.

Fair enough. It doesn't matter whether Buddhism is a religion or a series of philosophies, I personally don't believe you should wear a Buddhist amulet unless you are a practicing Buddhist - i.e. practicing at least some of the principles of Buddhism as the teachings direct.

IMHO a lot (but not all) of farangs in Thailand wear Buddha's to try and show people "how in tune" they are with the country and some sort of "psuedo-proof" that they (in their own minds anyway) are culturally aware of Thailand and better than others when in actual fact they don't know the first thing about Buddha, Buddhism, or the teachings and principles. Sad really. :(

(Mighty Mouse: This is not a dig at you at all - you were the last poster, so just happened to click on "reply" on your post. I am not even talking specifically about anyone one the board to be honest. Just commenting from observations and people I've met whilst in LOS. Fly P.)

Archived