Do you wear a Buddha amulet?

Chanchao

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never worn a Buddha amulet, nothing against the amulet itself, I just hate necklaces or actually any kind of jewelry. I do however have one in the car mainly due to my girl (who BTW also wears one).

I think your poll doesn't necessarily need to be for residents of Thailand only.

I know a few guys in farangland with a Buddha amulet around their neck.

I am wearing one with a 2 baht necklace given to me by a former TGF of mine, because I like LOS. The amulet must be a rare and special one. Thai people do often ask me with big eyes if they can take a closer look at it and are impressed. :D

> I think your poll doesn't necessarily need to be for residents of

> Thailand only.

> I know a few guys in farangland with a Buddha amulet around their

> neck.

You're right of course, however when you include Joe the Newbie just back from his first trip then he's not likely to wear one. Then whatever the poll results are you don't know anymore what percentage of those are people with real exposure to Thailand and who are basically tourists. I did consider doing way more answers along the lines of 'Yes - resident - my wife made me', 'Yes tourist', No Resident' .. etc. but thought it would just get too complicated.

Of course, if you're a very frequent visitor, especially when you also have a Thai wife/girlfriend then you're welcome to vote as well!!

I also wonder what percentage of residents would consider themselves Buddhist.. or Christian, or something else. Could be something for another poll.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived