Friday 5th March - pub holiday bars closed!

voodoo31

This is pretty late notice but seems most bars - NEP, Gullivers are closed tonight 5th March due to a public holiday (something about some guy named Budha).

Any ideas on places that migth be open or where some girls may be found. Don't suppose the wekly Gullivers meeting has been moved to a different location?

Anyone wanting to catch up im staying at Majestic Suites room 603, phone number 2656 8220

Yes, I found out the hard way!

Landed at Don Muang at 10.pm last nite, checked into my hotel at 11.00, jumped in a cab at 11.30, blissfully ignorant, and said: "Soi 23 please" as the cabby turned onto Sukhumvit, he said "barbeer pit wannee" it took me a while to figure out what he meant, first I thought he was joking. Then, at the ASOK lights, I saw SC was dark, so I paid, jumped out and walked back to lower Sukh. only to find he was right. Fortunately, outside one of the streetsdie bars next to Old Clinton, a few of the workers were sitting with mamasan in the dark in front of the closed shutters. One of my favourites recognised me and shrieked, ran up and gave me a hug. She then offered to go to teh seven 11 nearby if I wanetd a beer. We sat out in front of the bar (luckily some of the small stools were still out there, for about an hour, before retiring to my room.

Pity about missing a nite in SC (I only am here for a few days,) but, not all was lost, she was great and we had a most enjoyable night.

So I suppose it will be SC for tonight.

Wow that was a bolt from the blue... AFAIK never before have ALL bars been closed. I have never known Tilac to close ever, during any holiday. In the past there have always been a few who have paid the requred tea money to stay open. Seems that didn't work this time. Sign of the times...

NEP in total darkness! Actually that did improve it's appearance somewhat...

Just one day, but it was a shock all right. I was out with a friend and he wanted to head over to Soi Cowboy. Now we'd had beer with our dinner, so I thought things couldn't be that strict. But SC was pitch black! There were a few girls out trying to hustle, but not one single bar was open. Same same Nana. Even Gullible's was closed. Wandered into the Nana Hotel, and it was ghost town time. Plenty of BGs are dressed up enticingly and milling around the car park though -- which sort of defeats the purpose. (You can't buy a beer, but you can get laid???)

I can't remember when everything has been closed like this. In the past, some bars would stay open and serve soft drinks. But this time, it looked like a scene out of The Night of the Living Dead. Spooky is the word for it ...

"...Anyone wanting to catch up im staying at Majestic Suites room 603, phone number 2656 8220..."

Voodoo31,

Be careful here! There are guys on this board who love to play practicl jokes. I would hate to have someone send a Katoey to your room at 4 a.m... Not that I want to put that idea in someones head... :)

Archived