New Zoning/Early Closure Thread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys.

really what is one hour?

If you know the cut off is 1am..then plan ahead for that time..imo

A storm in a tea cup....the girls do not turn into pumpkins and disappear..i am sure you can find a companion after 1am,and one hour less booze in you, in the morning you may even rember her name :neener:

torneyboy said:

Hey Guys.

really what is one hour?

A storm in a tea cup....the girls do not turn into pumpkins and disappear..i am sure you can find a companion after 1am,and one hour less booze in you, in the morning you may even rember her name :neener:

Maybe it can make a bit of a dent in a short time holiday. Arrive NRT-BKK at 2330 hrs, clear customs, immigration, luggage, taxi, hotel check-in. Now 0100 hrs. I know some people like to get out to some establishment right away, just to slide back into the swing of things.

On the other hand, those who don't want to pay bar and are willing to take their chances don't have to wait so long!

Hardy641 said:

Not sure about Patpong still closing at 2am or even 4am. I met 3 girls working in Patpong in front of Nana Hotel telling me that their bars closed at 1am yesterday.

was there on friday; so it is not a second hand info

Hardy641 said:

Anybody has information what happened in Pattaya? I was there yesterday and it was business as usual...

From Pattaya. What new closing times? Gogos still open till 2 (and beyond), bar beers open 24/7, and Marine, Marine 2 and Boom discos still doing their staggered opening/closing thing.

Don't bother about Cambo, come down to Pattaya! :beer:

I guess the story I heard from the BG about a page or so up was right. This is obviously not good for NEP.

really what is one hour?

A storm in a tea cup

And why not another hour earlier as well?

If this is the logic, there really should not be anything wrong with a midnight closing, right? But of course there is. And a 1:00 a.m. closing also doesn't wear right as well does it?

There are a number of reasons why it does not wear well. Bars and discos have a life cycle of their own. There is a reason why it is called "nightlife". In some cultures, people don't even begin there evening meal until after 11 pm. Thailand, until recently, had a vibrant nightlife, and it doesn't fit will with the earlier closing times (which is perhaps why Patpong now has a much later closing time?) When people go out to bars and discos - particularly when they do so on vacation - they like to stay out late.

The best empirical evidence of this is the hordes of people that trail out of NEP at the official closing times. But for the early closing times, those people would stay in the bars and continue spending money, which is perhaps not a bad thing for anyone who depends on those bars for their livilihood. Instead, patrons are out on the streets at 1 am, which basically annoys the patrons and increases the chances they may go elsewhere next time, eliminates the controls that bars provide (e.g., it is much easier to control the age of a girl that work in the bars than one who works on the streets), increases the risks to patrons and tourists, does nothing to advance the stated goals of the new social order and creates quite an interesting and even larger scene spilling over into the lower part of Sukhumvit for image conscious Thais.

Yet another well thought out and executed policy. :: I am particularly impressed with the way that there was no advance announcement or other opportunity for public discussion or consideration.

If some bars in Patpong are really staying open until 4 am (and I heard this from a BG as well, but cannot confirm), this new policy will be great for Patpong and the vested interests that own bars, discos and clubs there, but it is not particularly great for NEP.

Yep, last nite SC closed at 1.00

Went down to Thermae, which stayed open until 2.00

I'm not too fussed, just shift my hours a bit, just like adjusting to daylight saving in summer.

What's worse is the lack of showing, even at places that usually don't worry about modesty. Only remaining option is to book for a private showing at the cost of a BF + fee.

"Yet another well thought out and executed policy. I am particularly impressed with the way that there was no advance announcement or other opportunity for public discussion or consideration. "

There has been pulblic discussion of this for well over a year, and in Januay and February there was a huge public outcry against it, which is why the implimentation was delayed a bit, and te controls aren't quite as strict as propsed in February (restricting opeing times to 6:00 PM for most places.)

I'm usually in a taxi on my way home before midnight anyway. Sometimes we don't finish dinner until after 10:00, so on those nights, we might not bother to hit any bars. Their loss of income, my improvement in the wallet and health.

For vacation, maybe we'll head down to Singapore where we can have some real fun instead of Phuket.

Archived