New Zoning/Early Closure Thread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:

Supposedly waiting for a decision or something...

From today's Pattaya Mail. This should make everything clear, once and for all (not).

Link to article

Government changes course again on operating hours

Everything to close at 1 a.m. - except the privileged few

Veerachai Somchart

The continuing saga and mass confusion about the government?s controversial curfew on entertainment venues has again taken another turn. In a recent cabinet meeting MP?s reviewed the changes and agreed to support 1 a.m. closing as opposed to midnight; however, it?s not as clear-cut as it seems.

Zoning of entertainment venues has little to do with the revised legislation, and orders have more or less been handed down that everything inside and outside the zone will close at 1 a.m.

Businesses fortunate enough to come under paragraph 3, section 1 of the laws, under the revised structure, will be allowed to operate an extra hour inside the designated zone. This would include venues that offer dancing, e.g. discotheque or live shows. Any business with an operating license prior to January 13 this year will be allowed to continue on this basis, but any new business must follow the full gambit the ministry?s amended laws.

Prime Minister Taksin Shinawatra added that if any venue is to be found in violation of certain laws, such as operating after official hours and allowing underage patrons, such venues would likely have their licenses revoked with further consequences. Business owners who have yet to register are urged to do so prior to the deadline.

The changes in the in the regulations are said to come into effect as of April 1 but it?s a matter of ?wait and see? if the government again changes their mind following further discussion.

No change in closing times or opening times I have noticed yet. But I have noticed a few other things.

1. The NEP bars are observing the rules on showing, or rather, not showing - at least the ones I have visited. Even in Pretty Lady, which always seems to cut a bit more slack than the other bars, the girls are fully clothed. On the other hand, the bars are getting a bit more creative with the girls apparel.

2. In Soi Cowboy it is worse. There even seems be a diddling ban in effect. I am not a big diddling fan myself, but one of the girls in Playskool claimed no more diddling is allowed in any of the Soi Cowboy bars.

3. The crowds have noticeably decreased in NEP and Soi Cowboy. We are now about in the middle of March and that may have something to do with it or all the publicity about the early closures... Who knows. :dunno:

4. Many of the BGs seem more politicized now. The threat of early closure was a bigger scare for the BGs than the punters. It would have affected their livlihood. I have never known BGs to be particularly political, but now many are expressing rather strong views. It surprised me.

In Soi Cowboy it is worse. There even seems be a diddling ban in effect.

I noticed this trend at Toy Bar and I am concerned for the girls. They are trying to blow you through your clothing now, and I am worried for the ones who may be allergic to cotton or polyester.

HIGH THAIED said:

:grinyes:

:applause:

Ok, when are the bars closing as of this posting date? This thread needs some new, actual closing time data.

Are 711's still selling beer after 2:00am? Can I still walk down Sukumvit(?) with a beer in my hand, drinking as I am figuring out which side of the street I am on after leaving the Nana BTS Station?

Man, those 2 for 1 drinks hits you ....Or were they 1 for 2 drinks??

Ssd.

Archived