Dangerous Going Back To BG's Village?

MooNoi

Is it dangerous going back to a BG's village with her for a visit?

I heard a story of a farang a few years back who went back with his tilac to her village in Isaan. She had told him that she had no boyfriend, and the previous one had left her when she fell pregnant.

Anyway, apparently it turned out that this girlfriend's ex still lived in the same village, and, being a small village, word got out that she was in town with a farang. The ex-boyfriend confronted both of them, and word has it that the farang got the crap beaten out of him by the ex and his Thai mates.

Whether this is truth or rumour I don't know, but has anyone had a similar experience?

Personally, to be stuck in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere and getting beaten up by a jealous Thai guy and his mates doesn't sound like fun!

Is this a common thing, and is it "a bit dodgy" going back to a BG's home due to "connections" with the past??? :dunno:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Well my mrs is from bkk metro area--where she lived is a village/slum of sorts and I spent quite alot of time down by the river in the shack (several weeks at a time) with no worries but she told me it isn't always safe (left cash, cameras around in an unlocked house regular and nothing went missing) Never had issues/paranoia about ex's. Now we bought a family house in a middle class place outside the city thats got clean air and no bad traffic and no drug dealers etc.

On the topic of bg's and Issan, I know stats will say most are from Issan but ime the ones I know of and my mrs are from Nakhon Si Thamarat, Nakhon Sawan and Kanchanaburi and such places, and some Issan.

Absolutely. I have met girls from these places as well. Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi etc. etc.

I guess I was just using Isaan as an example, but I suppose the "curse of the ex" could happen in any town - north, south, east or west. Fly P.

>>>Is it dangerous going back to a BG's village with her for a visit?<<<

yes, it can be very dangerous if you don't know of her personal circumstances.

Guest lazyphil

On the other hand can it be dangerous a bg going to falangland where immigration issues are at the forefront of the political agenda and with racist thugs about?

can it be dangerous a bg going to falangland where immigration issues are at the forefront of the political agenda and with racist thugs about?

Absolutely - my girlfriend encounters it here in Australia, and its VERY hard work convincing her that not all farang are racist and hate Asian people. However, I feel life is a little cheaper in Thailand, and its much more likely a farang will get beaten up by a jilted Thai guy than a thai girl getting beating up by a racist in farangland. I think most racial violence in farangland is against immigrant males than females. I would say that's the case in Australia anyway. Interesting point you made, LP...

:beer:

get to know the girl's past before you follow her up north (or south). Never had any problems, personally.

In your story, if the farang was a guest of the GF's family, the beating up was, IMO, actually, a direct insult to her family. This is definitely something that must cause great loss of face to hosts when they have not been able to protect the welfare of their guest.

if the farang was a guest of the GF's family, the beating up was, IMO, actually, a direct insult to her family. This is definitely something that must cause great loss of face to hosts when they have not been able to protect the welfare of their guest

Even if this is true, it's completely irrelevent.

Shit can and does happen and those villages can be remote and unfriendly under such circumstances -- and there's nothing to protect you if the shit goes down. Notions of who is losing what face won't keep you safe.

Archived