Changes to phone numbers

torrenova

Guys,

I have a Thai mobile number which is only 7 digits long. it has a code "01" and then "310xxxx".

I seem to remember this changing last year but despite searching, I cannot find the post where this was discussed.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me.

Thanks

torrenova said:

Guys,

I have a Thai mobile number which is only 7 digits long. it has a code "01" and then "310xxxx".

I seem to remember this changing last year but despite searching, I cannot find the post where this was discussed.

Thanks

Are there any Thai cell numbers that DON'T have 2 digits followed by 7??? Excepting the 1112, etc, pizza, emergency numbers.

torrenova said:

Guys,

Thanks

Your number is fine.... same number of digits as everyone else's :up:

What you may be referring to is that you now have to dial all 9 numbers for a local call. :dunno:

Sorry guys but I'm trying to call / sms this number from outside LOS. For some reason, it doesn't work, and I seem to remember a change to the numbers being made last year.

Where the code was "06" or "07" you could just use the "6" or the "7" etc. but for codes "01" I thought there may have been a change to the prefix, perhaps it being given a 6 or 7 or whatever.

I know this is vague and I remember seeing posts last year but despite long searches, I cannot locate them.

yes, drop the '0' for sms or any other Int'l call

don't forget the 66 though

and not all networks support sms or even LD to LOS. Try using a web service ...... for sms ...... yahoo works well for me. Also the LOS phone has to have enabled sms on that phone through their local provider,

and sometimes none of that works :cussing:

where are trying to call from ? landline or mobile on your end?

Foxy is right on. The only recent change is that you have to dial the city code as well as the whole number inside Thailand now (been this way for ~18 months).

That means, if your number is 01-123-4567, then one would dial +66-1-123-4567 from outside of Thailand (where the + is your local international access number, like 011 in the States). This applies to all numbers in Thailand (and most other countries) -- drop the leading zero.

Cheers,

SD

Archived