Free Pop Up Stoppers

Torneyboy

kamui said:

If you use IE, you can download the Google toolbar which contains an easy to use popup blocker. :up:

Anyway, even without the blocker I couldn't live without the toolbar.

saw that one in the lists.

Chose pop up stopper...takes forever to drop the box after it has stopped a pop up...so if waiting to do something is a real hassel.

Will get rid of it and try goog..tommorrow.

Thanks.

Most of the free one are only so for 10-15 days then pay heaps IMO :p

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Thank you, thank, you, thank you.

WOW.....No more pop-ups!

Bless you.

Now, can anyone tell me how to get ride of 'intelligent explorer' bar. I delete it, but always comes back in the next new window. Don't know where it came from, either. :dunno:

HT

Hi,

Looks like you've had your browser hijacked.

I saw someone the other day who managed to clear 'Intelligent Explorer' using Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. So it might be worth a try using these two.

Ad-aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ .

Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download .

>WOW.....No more pop-ups!

While using only my home PC, about 10 months ago I downloaded then recommended pop-up stopper. Free.

All the pop ups stopped until...the stopper became a real menace, popping up randomly, asking me to pay the fee for using it, sending me emails...

Deinstalled it.

7 months ago, at the work PC, a pop up stopper came with the BabelFish translator from AltaVista.

It has an icon on the upper bar of the IE browser but I did not notice when it installed and switched on itself.

As expected, in a corporate environment, no pop-ups anyway.

All of a sudden, my Internet banking would not work. I could not figure out why it stopped working, it had worked 3 days ago.

The pop-up stopper blocked my bank's pop up screen for id, password, etc.

Now, I keep it operational but when going banking or something does not work as it should, I just klick it off.

Only pop-ups from CNN and AOL Messenger still go through, but only the leading ones. Once clicked off, they don't come again.

Archived